Chapter 82

As the snow is falling, the vampires and Jacob have set up camp in the woods, Jacob brings some wood and drops it on the ground, then Benjamin uses his powers to produce fire from his fingertips and throws it in the woods to start a fire.

"That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories.-" Jacob sits next to Benjamin and looks across the fire and sees the other vampires standing. "Or just standing there like frickin' statues."

Dorothea giggle rushing off to them, taunting Jacob when they cross paths by pinching his cheeks before sitting next to the wolf. Suddenly Garrett spins in and sits next to them by the fire, "Name any American battle. I was there."

"Little Bighorn." / "I came this close to biting Custer. But the Indians got him first." Just then Kate appeared and sits next to Garrett, "Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own."

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years' War. No one does rebellion like the Irish." That's Liam, a very close friend of Carlisle who fought in the Irish Rebellion of 1641, and later against Cromwell's reconquest of Ireland.

Watching the other vampires as they sit around the campfire talking and getting along, Dorothea stood up leaving them in their moment to Edward and Carlilse who have been staring at the assembled vampire, "I can't help thinking, all these people are putting themselves in danger because I fell in love with a human."

Dorothea took note of Edward's guilty face, seeing as a few of the vampires had cuddled up against their family or mate. "Well that is a fact but they are doing this with their own choice. No one is forcing them, Eddy."

"But at what cost?" Dorthea didn't say anything at that knowing Carlisle will, "Everyone here has something to fight for. I certainly do." Edward looks over at Bella and Renesmee in their tent not far from everyone else, "Carlisle, I've never thanked you. For this extraordinary life. You too, Thea"

Carlisle puts his hand on Edward's shoulder as they stand and keep watching over the others while Dorothea just gave him a small smile. Dorothea walk away slowly from her family, she made quick eye contact with Dean who gave her a nod telling her he was fine. Once out of the vampire's ear sight, Dorothea took out an old phone. The only phone Dorothea can contact Jasper and Alice.

She would send messages and audio but Jasper and Alice won't be able to reply to them. Sending in the latest Christmas photo she took in Charlie's house and a secret video she took of Dean playing wrestling with Emmet on the ground like old-time so Alice knows her mate is doing great.

She starts zoning up, looking at the star-filled night sky, and how the breeze blows through her ears as if it's calling for her.

She starts imagining how if Jasper was here, they would run away from the crowd to the meadow, hands around each other as they have a small talk while kissing away every emotion until they both feel loved.

Imagine the rupture of chuckle Jasper would execute when Dorothea does something goofy before yanking her to the ground for an embrace. Dorothea yearns for the cowboy so much.

ᕙ( ︡'︡益'︠)ง

"How are we all feeling?" Dorothea giggles striving to lighten up the mood, but it's near impossible if the death reaper is anticipating at the corner of the forest for their souls.

The Cullens and their witnesses, all gather are met in a large, snow-covered field, Dorothea stood behind Dean, holding tightly onto the man's back shirt as she tries to hide from the Volturi's sight.

Garret stands next to Kate as they watch and wait, "If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman." / "Now you tell me."

Dean caresses Dorothea's hair in comfort before gazing in front when suddenly Aro and his army become visible and it's clear that they outnumber the Cullens and their witnesses. Edward watches Aro as they walk towards them, "Aro's looking for Jasper, Alice, and Dorothea." Hearing this Dorothea had to rest her breathing for a moment, there is no more hiding.

She has to face the situation head-on.

As Aro and his army get closer, we see the wolf packs coming out to join the Cullens and their witnesses, Jacob in his wolf form comes and stands next to Bella, Renesmee, and Edward. Aro and his army stand in a line facing the Cullens and their witnesses.

Carlisle walks forward and raises his voice to reach them, "Aro, Let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us. For now, I would like to see my precious Dorothea." Dorothea stood frozen for a while, pondering whether she should step forward but her body moved on its own before Dean and Carlisle who hold her steady.

Putting on her best daughterly smile, she rushes into Aro's arms who gladly welcomed her. This action caused a lot of the witnesses shock for those who have no idea of Dorothea's connection with the Volturi.

Dorothea spun around as Aro inspected for any injury on her while she chuckles away her scared emotions. "Oh, you have become more glamorous and charismatic every time I see you. I suppose that's one thing I can be thankful to Carlisle."

"What the heck! Is she changing sides at the last minute?" / "Wow! To think she was in ours always. What a great actor!" Stefan and Vladimir started yelling and clapping for Dorothea when the girl steps aside to embrace Marcus and Caius.

"Shut up! You know nothing!" Surprisingly it wasn't the Cullens who defended Dorothea but Alister who declaimed up. Carlisle instantly turns to hear his old friend who stood high on the tree but a bit hidden, not in the whole world would Carlisle think Alistair would come back.

Dean and Edward quickly back up Dorothea's action by growling and glaring at anyone who spoke wrongly about their sister.