Chapter 28

Edward had returned to school and his sibling had already seen so many interactions the boy had with the mortal, it wasn't pleasing some of them

Edward had returned to school and his sibling had already seen so many interactions the boy had with the mortal, it wasn't pleasing some of them. From in class and even in the middle of the hallway.

Dorothea was secretly proud of how Edward is acting around the mortal, but that didn't go unnoticed by her lover. As much as Jasper didn't like Bella, he kept quiet for Edward and Dorothea's sake only.

They both decided to skip their last two classes today as they play around with each other by Dean's silver Volvo.

Chasing each other around the car, Dorothea made fun of him and his Southern accent until she was held captive, just having a make-out session there. They had to stop once sensed their siblings are nearing, immediately breaking up so that Dorothea could talk with her sisters while Jasper was with Emmet and Dean.

Edward had joined his sibling not long after but they had noticed how Edward and Bella never left each other eyes. This had made Rose annoyed and mad. Dorothea didn't focus on Edward and his singer instead in a far distance knowing what was going to happen next, standing close to Jasper so that she could hold him when the moment came.

A high-pitched screech quickly grows louder.

The world went slow for the vampires as they watch the scene. In this fraction of a second, their proximity is overwhelming and electrifying. Edward breathes in her scent, as Bella takes in his flawless face. Not thinking twice with only one thought in his mind, Edward did something that jeopardizes his family image.

Amid the chaos, Bella sees Edward's siblings looking at him, yet not something she expected, they show no hint of concern for his safety. Instead, they look at him with disapproval and fury.

Jasper was ready to launch himself on Edward and Bella, his eyes showing how much anger he had in him but Dorothea was quick into action, pulling Jasper's face to look at him instead of the scene. "Jasper, please let's go. I need to go to the hospital today, remember? You promise to drive me there."

Dorothea's tone was calm yet a bit desperate due to wanting to get out of the scene, Jasper gave Edward a hard glance seeing him running nearer to them.

Since Jasper was driving his car today and their sibling had left earlier, Edward had no choice but to join Dorothea and Jasper. You can just imagine how hard the tension is between the two males while Dorothea just focuses on the outside's view.

( ≖.≖)

"I heard the Chief's daughter was here."

"Charlie!" Everyone's attention move to a new doctor walking in, his face is kind but pale and tired. While beside him was Dorothea with a doctor's coat on.

You can just imagine the shock Bella had on her face seeing the girl, but what was more shocking was seeing her father let out a chuckle before hugging Dorthea, lifting her in the air to twirl her around. "Carlisle, Dorothea. It's been quite long. I see you still look as young as ever."

"We'll take over, Jackie. Honey, would you please?" The E.R. Doctor hands Dr. Cullen the chart and exits. Dr. Cullen reviews her chart, while Dorothea feels the back of Bella's head for any injury before reconfirming back to her father. "You have a nice knot growing back there, but your x-rays show no indication of concussion."

"I'm so sorry, Bella. I'm really-" Dorothea giggles seeing Charlie abruptly pulls the curtain between them and Tyler. Not wanting him to have any more needed interaction with his daughter.

"It would have been a lot worse if Edward hadn't knocked me out of the way." Bella had abruptly spilled out something crucial. That even Carlisle was confused at first before Dorothea's eyes confirmed everything for him. Letting out a sigh, Carlisle could just feel the headache coming from a later argument with Edward.

"Edward? Your boy?" Dorothea silently curses at Bella for exposing them like them which only Carlisle heard as he gave the girl a warning look. Dr. Cullen quickly looks back at the chart while Dorothea continues checking for an injury on the girl.

Bella's intuition flickers, sensing that the two know something, so she presses. "It was amazing he got to me so fast. He was nowhere near me." Carlisle just smile at the girl while saying, "As long as you are safe," while Dorothea distracted Charlie with a new change of topic about her sudden interest in adopting a pet.

( ≖.≖)

Rosalie is furious at Edward who stands his ground. Carlisle plays an intermediary along with Dorothea. All 4 were too busy in their conversation to notice Bella. "This isn't just about you, it's about all of us-"

Dorothea was to first to notice and warn Carlisle by pulling on his rob. "Let's take this in my office," Rosalie glares at Edward as she goes off with Dr. Cullen. Edward adopts a nonchalant air as Bella approaches, determined. Dorothea just patted her brother on his back before following Carlisle and Roselie to the office

Dorothea decided to keep quiet and out of the argument between her siblings, once Edward had finished his talk with Bella, she seated herself on Carlisle's office chair while spinning around. Carlisle stood between his children knowing if he didn't Rose won't hesitate to rip Edward's head off.

"Dorothea! You can see the future! Tell me if what I'm doing is wrong!" Dorothea was shocked at first by Edward's sudden yell of her name, feeling a little mad that he pass his anger onto her. "Don't yell at your sister like that Edward." Carlisle gave a stern look at the boy while Rose stood in defense in front of Dorothea.

"Alice too can see the future. No need to be so mad at me."

Edward calms down his emotion knowing he went too far by yelling at the innocent girl. "Sorry. Alice can see the future but is limited if the person change of decision. You, however, see them clearly till the end, just tell me if what I'm doing is wrong."

The room went silent as Dorothea and Edward stared at each other, Dorothea just shook her head while standing up. "Eddy, as much as I want to help you. You know, you shouldn't disorder with your future. Just persist in doing whatever you want to do."

Dorothea left the room and outside the hospital to be greeted by Jasper waiting for her while leaning on his car. Running up to him with a huge smile and small giggles when Jasper spun her around. Kissing each other, "Should we head home, darling?"

Seeing Rosalie's car beside Jasper's, she noted it was safe to leave their sibling to ride together. "What about a date night? I miss consuming time with you."

"You have all my time but a date night sounds nice." Jasper had opened the door for Dorothea before rushing to the driver's side. With hands intertwined, the car went off leaving Rose and Edward at the hospital.