Chapter 47 - I'm Alright

New Moon

New Moon

The year 2007

It's been 3 days since Dorothea was brought back to the Cullen's residence, Carlisle was quick by her side to check on her condition with Jasper following behind before locking the door to give more privacy knowing Dorothea wouldn't want her family to see her in bad condition.

No one was able to take a glimpse at the girl, leaving Alice to explain everything while they use their imagination to visualize what had happened at the Volturi and how Dorothea had felt during the pain.

Rosalie was the first to lose her temper at Bella, she might not show it but Dorothea was the dearest to her, being the first in the family to accept her despite her terrible first meeting. Her hands were out and frantic, and if she could, she wanted to be the one to take Bella's life forever.

Emmet was too concerned about his sister that he didn't stop Rose from attacking the mortal instead went closer to the room Jasper, Dorothea, and Carlisle was in, panic was clear in his eyes as he bangs the door to enter, begging him to enter and see his sister.

Dean had to hold onto Rose as she sprouts words towards Edward and Bella while Alice embraced a tearless but sobbing Esme in her arms.

"You should bring her home, Eddy. Just till Thea is fine, I don't think she should be around here for now." Edward didn't fight back against Dean's words, mentally agreeing before dragging his lover outside to send her back home.

It took Dorothea a few days to wake up since being the weakest vampire physically and mentally, it took longer for her to heal than her family. While waiting for her recovery, the Cullen was a mess, they were lost without their youngest to guide them around.

Carlisle, Dean, and Alice remain stable to maintain the family, the only three who were calm and collected while the rest broke into tears or madness. Edward hasn't come home since sending Bella home which worried everyone but Dorothea not waking up was more pessimistic at that moment.

When the girl opens her eyes she was greeted by Edward and Jasper bickering at the end of the bed she lay, letting out a soft sigh, annoyed that they were yelling, causing discomfort in her brain.

Coughing roughly to catch their attention, both males were keen to be by her sides. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything? I can-" / "Jasper, sugar. I'm perfectly fine. Can you go call Carlisle for me?" Jasper nods like an obedient puppy before rushing to the woods to call for the doctor and family members.

When Jasper was gone, Dorothea turns to give her consideration to Edward who was a guilty look as he kept his eyes on the sheets. "What's with that look, Eddy?"

"What with that look?! I didn't even try to help you back then and I just had my priority on Bella when you were my sister." Dorothea listens carefully as the man stared rambling about every wrong deed he did, Dorothea wasn't monitoring just nodding so he won't upset the man while she zones out to Aro's hurt face before leaving her. "A-And-... Are you listening at all?"

"Honestly, no. Edward, it's not completely your fault nor Bella's. I didn't help you at first so we're even. Plus... some things are just meant to happen. That's why fate can be cruel sometimes. I knew this was going to appear so it didn't pain me as much as I thought it would, Eddy."

Edward had scoffed but a small smile grew on his face. "I'm glad you're not holding a grudge on me and Bella. She regretted everything, Thea. Our siblings won't forgive her but as long as you don't hate her, I'm glad. You don't right?"

Dorothea finally looks into Edward's eyes seeing his sincere words and how much love he had for the mortal. "Oh, Eddy. Hate is nowhere what I'm feeling for her. I'm still confused and worried about our family whenever she's around but... I can see how much she has changed you. For you to show genuine emotions freely."

If Edward could break down into tears, he would.

Not only for seeing his favorite sister alive and smiling at him as she pulls him close for a hug but because she, the most important person since he was reborn gave approval to his relationship. Sure, Alice and Dean support him but to Edward, Dorothea's words are more important than anything to him.

"Hang in there Eddy. It's going to be a tough battle in the future and your loved ones will disapprove or leave you. But just know that your happy ever after is going to happen and I'll be by your side till then."

Edward wasn't able to question more on Dorothea's weird sentence more as Jasper and the rest entered the room, hastily letting go of his sister knowing Jasper and Rose are still frenzied at him but Dorothea's words ring through his mind knowing the girl is warning him about his future like always.

This time he is going to take it seriously.

Edward had stepped aside for his sibling to storm Dorothea's with multiple questions and non-stop touching it to see her condition while Esme and Carlisle squeezed him, Esme telling him who she was glad he had finally returned home while Carlisle gave his fatherly smile.

Esme soon joined the interaction leaving Carlisle and Edward by the side of the bed as they smile and the family scene in front of them. It's only been four days but the Cullen had finally lifted their gloomy aura into a sparkling one just by Dorothea's chuckles and grins.

Seeing Emmet cracking Dorothea a little with his tight grip, a yelling Jasper beside him could be heard, "Get your hand off my fiance you bulldozer. You's killing her!" You can find Rosalie nagging but more screaming at Dean for making an inappropriate joke about returning from death again at the vampire girl.

"Oh come on. That was funny!" was his only reply but clearly, anger Rose more,  "If another word comes out of that mouth. I won't hesitate to cut off your tongue. Try living 1,000 years without talking!"

While Esme and Alice had a normal and simple conversation with Dorothea once Jasper had tackled Emmet to the ground to stop another killing hug, you can see Alice talking like nothing had happened to her sister while Esme tries to do the identical but sometimes would touch her cheeks to make sure she was there.

"You won't believe the dress I saw last Monday in -" / "It's great to see your beautiful smile, honey."