Chapter 76

It's late at night, the family had gone hunting afraid of another circumstance where they won't be able to, Renesmee accompanies them to learn but mostly to enjoy playing with Jacob's wolf form.

Unknown to them Dean, Jasper, Alice, and Dorothea had advanced back home ahead and are in a pressing conversation. "Why does Jasper have to go and not me?"

"I agree with him, love," Alice and Dorothea denoting the siblings who can see visions had chosen to convey the matter into their own hands, Dorothea had come up with a plan to find a trustworthy vampire that she got close to at once point of her traveling without anyone grasping.

The girls rotate their eyes at their companions at how they start acting like children, complaining about not aspiring to split up. "Okay, first of all, Jasper must go because he has a way of persuasion. And we need that to get Nahuel to visit the Volturi. Now you baby, why you must stay with Dorothea because there is no way in whatever life is Jasper abandoning Dorothea alone especially with added vampires coming in and presumably ogling at her-"

Alice got cut off by Jasper's deep and vicious growl just by imagining Dorothea being hit on. "Anyhow, Edward is out so is Carlisle since they will be so busy with this drama, and Emmet being Emmet will just find it amusing. Plus I know my big strong man can protect my favourite sister, right?"

Dorothea soundlessly giggles, watching how Alice's voice turns into a motherly one and her last sentences to persuade Dean who's already head over heels to agree when Alice starts pulling him into a make-out session.

Jasper pulled Dorothea to the side, giving them some privacy but also savoring the last moment he would have with Dorothea until they could meet again. "I still don't understand why can't we both go, darl. It will save me from all the longing I'll feel."

Dorothea brought her hands around Jasper's neck, pulling him down a bit to match their height. "Because if I go. Our family will be in a delirium, speculating I have sided with the Volturi. If you and Alice go, we can just say that we got into an argument which is much better than me siding with my creator. It won't be long, my love. I'll have you in mind and heart till we engage again."

Jasper is still not charmed with the plan but for a tomorrow where they can peacefully make love, cherish each moment and lose the worried smile Dorothea had gotten the moment Bella stepped foot in their life, then Jasper will endure a couple of days without his love.

Jasper gaze carefully at Dorothea's every features to scar deep in his mind, her tiny powdered freckles that Jasper would find so adorable on her pale skin, the expressive rose-gold colored eyes she had that can catch away anyone's breath, her cherry plum red lips that with every glance Jasper finds it harder not to devourer it.

While Jasper had zoned out with hearty eyes, Dorothea had slipped out a scarf from her pocket which grabbed the man's attention, Jasper chuckled at the memory. "Is that the same scarf I exchange for my dog tag?"

"It is. I thought that since we will be separating again like at the beginning of our story. Why not exchange the same gift that gave us the motivation to fight for a life together."

Dorothea had kept Jasper's dog tag in a safe place, away from her jewelry as she sees to item more valuable and precious than anything else, but Jasper had given back her scarf the moment they moved into the same room together, saying how he didn't need it anymore when the person is standing right in front of him.

Dorothea carefully binds the scarf on Jasper's wrist, giving it a brief and chaste kiss before locking her eyes with Jasper's fond eyes on her. When Jasper had brought up his hand that the scarf is tied to his nose the intoxicating natural fragrance of Dorothea's hit him fast.

"This will unquestionably spur me to come back faster into your arms." / "Then please do so. Don't make your Mrs. wait too long."

Jasper's smirk grew, pulling Dorothea's chin high to let their lips meet. Dorothea being the short one in the relationship had to stand on the tips of her toes, knowing this, Jasper had wrapped his arms around Dorothea's waist to pull her up.

"This time. This time for certain. I won't make you wait long, darling. Till then make sure no man even dares to breathe near you, love".

"You have my word, as long as you keep yours." Focusing another heated long sloppy kiss to savor the taste before Dean starts calling out for them that Jasper and Alice should get going before the rest of the family returns.

When they remove their lips, you can see just how much Jasper's golden eyes glow with love for Dorothea, and the girl displays the same emotion with a serene smile "I love you so much that I am obsessed with you."

"There is nothing better than hearing you say that. Come back home quick."