The Visit

3rd POV:

Three months after the little zora prince was born, Zelda was told by her father to head to Zoras Domain to deliver a message to King Dorephan about possible trade routes and resources, as well as Hyrule's blessing for the young prince. Zelda was excited to finally leave the castle and away from her duties. However King Rhoam appointed the knight, Link, too keep Zelda safe from harm. The princess and the knight weren't strangers to each other and had a good relationship, but the princess knew Link was a mute, and she was yet to fully understand what he would sign.

Zelda and Link walked to a small opening within the castle. There was a small garden and a pond that laid in the middle of it. The garden was filled with all sorts of herbs and flowers. The pond itself had a magical feel to it and behind the pond was a big tree with a few lanterns decorating it.

Zelda's POV:

"Y/N! My friend can you come out please I wish to speak to you."

I looked at the pond and waited patiently for my good friend, but never received an answer.

"Y/n my friend are you home?"

I leaned in closer and closer and nearly fell inside, until Link had grabbed a hold of my waist and pulled me back.
"Oh dear. Thank you Link."

He only nodded in response. Then turning back to the pond.

Your POV:

I heard my name being called multiple times but I was to engrossed with my book to have noticed. I was inside of the tree that stood near my pond because it was a nice day outside so I decided to read a book. I stopped at a page too stretch my wings and body and felt a few satisfying pops. Looking down I realized that the princess was calling me and was about to fall into the pond I was ready too reach out to her before she fell in but, Link grabbed her before she fell.

I flew down and started to laugh abit seeing the flushed face that the princess had.

"Hahaha... Are you ok princess, I don't think your father would appreciate you being soaked from falling into the pond."

Looking down and landing on my feet I saw the princess looking quite embarrassed.

"Oh shut up Y/n, I thought you were in your pond thinking you couldn't hear me."

Zelda said trying to compose herself.

"Hehe... Alright, alright apologizes, I am just having fun with you."

Smiling kindly at the princess.

"Ah, Link my friend how have you've been lately, I haven't seen you in a while."

I spoke and signed at the same time.

"I am doing well Y/n. How about you? And sorry my training as gotten quite vigorous lately"

He signed back smiling.

"It's alright my friend no hard feelings just glad your doing ok" I signed back.

"Anywho why did you call me princess. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Yes, actually I got an order from my father to travel to Zora's Domain too speak too King Dorephan about a few things and give our blessing to the new prince. Link is to come with me to keep me safe from harm so he is traveling with me. So I was wondering if you would like to go to the Domain with us for extra company and help just to be safe." Zelda said.

"The Domain huh?"

I said going into my pond and putting the book away.

"It has been awhile since I last visited months ago with Mipha. I'd love to go with you Zelda, it would be nice to see her again. It would also help too since I have potions to deliver to the healers."

I said as my voice echoed to the surface. I was excited too see my closest friend Mipha and her new baby brother she wrote about in her letters two months ago. Unfortunately, though Mipha's mother did pass due to illness after giving birth too the new prince.

"Wonderful! We leave tomorrow morning to get ahead start and hopefully be there by the next day at noon." Zelda said.

"Alrighty then princess I'll see you tomorrow morning then, but for now you should head back to your chambers and get a good nights sleep."

"You get some rest too Link, we aren't going to have a repeat of last time." Signing to him with a straight face.

"Hey! It was ONE time I fell asleep riding the horse and took the wrong way." He signed back aggressively getting flushed.

Both Zelda and I laughed at Link's excuse to justify his past actions.

~~~Le small time skip brought to you by Link's eating habits~~~

I was packing up a few thing to take with me to the Domain, since most likely we might be there for a bit. I didn't mind it much gave me time to help around the Domain and talk with Mipha. She has been my closest friend ever since I left the Korok Forest in the Lost Woods. Sure Princess Zelda was a good friend but with Mipha... I was always able to speak with her freely without worry. Let alone me and the Zora Princess were about the same age, we look as though we are 17 in Hylian years but reality we are both 122 which is teen years, having a longer life span than other races so we don't age as quick.

Outside my pond I heard some chirping I swam up too see what it was. There I see Nixos, my small blue sparrow I took in to heal a few weeks ago due to a wing injury, since then he hasn't left my side once, only to go fly around. I placed three small spells on him, a location spell so I know where to find him, a protection spell to keep him from being hunted and a underwater breathing spell since he sleeps with me inside the pond.

"Hey Nixos back from your flight I see."

I said seeing the bird land at the edge of the pond. I go back under to get his food and swiming back up.

"Here you go Nixos."

Seeing the little sparrow eat some worms and seeds.

"Hey Nixos I'm going to the Domain for a while you coming with me."

Seeing the bird flap his wings as a response.

"I'll take that as a yes."Giggling abit.

"Well it's getting late little guy lets go to sleep."

Placing a finger near him for him yo perch onto. I placed him in his cage and then I got into my own bed and snuggled in the blankets.

"Goodnight Nixos."

(Clarifying something when entering your pond or a source of water that might have magic or you blessed with magic, your hair will not get wet just like the Great Fairies. However if you enter water that has neither you can still get wet, even by the rain.)(All rights reserved to the artists)