Her Fear and Pain

Sidon's POV:

What the hell just happened? After the mere second defeat of the Dark Mage Astor by Master Link and the mysterious red figure, I found myself looking at Link who was falling from the sky, and then to my people who were moving out of the way because of someone screaming. But when they parted ways for the person my father and I moved as well and I am still wondering if it was just a trick of the light or something, because what or rather who I saw was rather nerve-wracking, to say the least. Seeing her fly up to Link to catch him, I turned and saw the look in my father's eyes he seemed just as surprised as I but looked sad at the same time. After my people caught Link, I saw her try to grab a hold of something but failed, due to the rain making everything slippery, causing her to plummet into the cold waters below. Something in me snapped, and I ran towards where she fell and dived into the waters after hearing my father call out to me, but I couldn't stop myself.

Now, in my arms, is the one person I thought had perished along with my sister on that fateful day and left a hole in my heart...so long ago. I went up the waterfall to get to the top easier with her still in my arms. Upon arriving, some people were fawning over me, a little worried, wondering why I went after the girl in a rush, but then my father came up to me and saw her in my arms. None of this made any sense to me luckily, my father called out to the healers to come to assist both her and Master Link. I called my father, gaining his attention.

"Father! How? How is she still alive? We were told she passed, along with my sister?" I told my father as the healers came closer. I became hesitant, giving her to them and holding her more protectively. Before I could retaliate in the matter, my father placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Sidon, give her to them, they need to help her heal. She looks exhausted and badly injured. As to answer your question, I have no idea as to how she is still with us, but for now, let her rest when she awakens we'll have her explain things to us. For now, let the healers do their thing and help both her and Link recover."

I knew he had a point but seeing her bruised and bloodied made me extremely worried. In the end, I gave her up to the healers to look after and joined my father into the throne room to discuss the current mess of a matter. I looked back behind me, seeing the healers carry her to the medical bay, but a part of me couldn't help but wonder...

"What happened to you.....Y/n.?"

No one's POV:

It has been several days, and the little fairy has yet to awaken from her coma. The healers were able to help her injuries and wrap her up in bandages, and luckily, nothing fractured in her spine, which was a huge relief to them. After that, it was just a matter of waiting. Link woke up about a day after the incident and went to report to the King and Prince trying to explain to them that she was the thing Zelda mentioned to look for. Of course, Muzu was not amused and was a little angrier with the fairy sleeping in the medical bay than with Link. King Dorephan did manage to silence the old stingray and allowed the hero to continue. During all of this Sidon and Link, both kept visiting her in the medical bay to see if she woke up but with no luck, eventually, the healers decided to move her to a more comfortable place, and Sidon quickly but carefully picked her up and took her to her original bedroom she had in the palace.

Placing her in her bed comfortably and tucking her in the blankets made the young fish prince become lost in his emotions and memories of the young fairy in the bed. Though, like most days, he ended up leaving her silent company to do his royal duties, making sure to have Link look out for her in case she woke up. Link, of course, didn't mind this one bit and after Link finished his training with Captain Bazz he usually went to check on the little fairy and even placed some clothing for her on the side of her bed in case she did wake up.