Part 5

"So how about you tell it to me in person." The figure quipped. I stared at him in shock. The voice, his voice. The one that I had just heard over the phone was emanating from the figures mask. "Jake?" I asked. Not just asked. I was warily hoping that it was him. "Surprise," he said. I took a few steps back as he closed the door behind him. I did not trust what I saw. Could it be him? No it wasn't possible. Jake calling me out of the blue and now him standing in front of me was too suspicious. I looked around searching for a weapon that I could use. Nothing, absolutely nothing. He took a step towards me. "Stop" I said. He stopped. "Jade..." he began. "No no wait I don't believe you. Stay right there" I said. He shrugged, "Ok ask me anything." He said. 

I racked my brain. "Ok what is the name of the antivirus you installed on my phone?" I asked. "Nymos." He said smoothly. He had his hands raised in front of him in a defensive manner. "Jade it is really me. Trust me." He said. "No don't move" I said firmly. "Ok I am not moving." He said maintaining his posture. "Two days ago you sent me a coded message to send you all my details in an encrypted email. I sent you a picture with it as well as a joke. What color t shirt was I wearing?" I asked in a loud tone. His demeanor changed. His posture changed. He stood up straight, his eyes completely angry. "You did what?" he asked furiously. "That was not me!!" He started pacing around the room. "Why? What? How could you? Who was it? You sent your details and picture to a random person thinking it was me!!! Wait I did not see any emails or messages coming through. How did they reach you?" he screamed.

And that's when I collapsed to the floor. God it was him. He rushed towards me, "Jade oh my God are you ok?" he asked his eyes burned with anxiety. "It is you," I said in a small voice staring at the floor. "Yes it is me Jade. Are you ok?" he said, his voice filled with concern. "Yes. Just shocked I guess." I said breathing heavily. He sat down on the floor next to me and sighed deeply. "Ok now can you tell me who asked for your details?" he asked quickly. I smirked, "No one did." He looked surprised but it was quickly replaced with a knowing look. "Trick question?" he mused. "Yeah.. it was the only way to prove it was you." I said. "Jesus, you scared me" he said closing his eyes and putting his head back. Moments passed. All we did was breathe without saying anything.

He broke the silence, "You promised me Jade." "I know. I am sorry. I was going to tell you. I couldn't be home and do nothing." I said. "You know of all the stupid things you could have this is by far the most stupid." He said. "I know. But Richy was hurt.. he was bleeding..." all the memories rushed back to me, tears started streaming down my face and I started sobbing. All this while I had kept my composure trying to stay calm and collected for my friends but with Jake I could be me. His arms surrounded me in an embrace, and he said, "I'm really not good with crying women but I hope this helps." "It does." I said letting out a small laugh and calming down. I started feeling much better since a long time. Hiding the truth from Jake had taken its toll on me but now I felt much relaxed. A few minutes passed and I asked, "How did you know where I was?" He let go off me and started pacing around the room, "I have my ways." I rolled my eyes, "You tracked my phone, didn't you?" "I probably should have from the start. I did not want to tempt myself to meet you, so I didn't. I wanted to keep you safe and I was sure you wouldn't break your promise. That was naïve of me." He said getting a bit annoyed. "Ok so if you did not track my phone then how did you know I was in Duskwood?" I asked. He looked at me, his eyebrows lifting, "You tell me Jade. How do you think?" I sighed standing up, "Lilly. She told you." "Correct. Never trust someone to keep your secret over their blood. They will eventually crack." He said. "Lilly texted me right after you met her at the motel asking for your picture. She wanted to be sure it was you." "But you don't have my pictures." I said. "Seriously? If I can make your phone, see other people's private conversation, you think I can't scrub the social media to see your pictures." He said as a matter of fact. "Of course, never thought of that." I said. "Besides its good that she texted me. She had already made up her mind to call the cops on you" he remarked.

"Wow, but wait why did I not see your conversation with her?" I asked. "Loophole Jade. You can't see my conversations with the others remember?" he said. "Oh yes I forgot about that. So, you told Lilly to put me up in this place?" I continued. "No actually. She did inform me that she did put you in her parent's spare apartment. But she didn't mention where. I did not ask her either. That's when all I had to do was track your phone." He spoke. "But how are you here so soon?" I asked again. "I was staying in a motel the next town over. I thought my pursuers would expect me to be as far as possible from Duskwood after Lilly's video so I took the risk of coming closer to Duskwood and honestly that was a wise choice. I'm glad I could get to you before anyone else did." He said, his annoyance increasing a bit. "Now are you done with your interrogation?" "Almost. What's with the mask?" I smirked. His eyes narrowed, "It's the only one that wouldn't raise many suspicions from the others." "Well, it's just me here. Or do you still not trust me?" I stated slightly hurt.

He stopped pacing and walked towards me. He stopped right in front of me and said in a low voice, "After all this you think I don't trust you? Really? Let me clarify that you broke the one thing you promised. The one and only thing I asked you to promise me. Now I haven't betrayed your trust anywhere along the way have I? Amidst everything I am here not for kicks but because I wanted to see you to make sure you are safe. Do you think I do that for anyone Jade? I did not even do it when my own sister went missing. You know why? Because I think objectively and logically. I don't let my feelings and sentiments cloud my judgement up until now Jade. I am ready to risk anything and everything for you. Do you think I would do it for a person I don't trust?" he asked firmly. I saw the hurt in his eyes and immediately regretting his intentions. I felt ashamed. I did not even have an answer to give. Everything he said was true. He did trust me and for a person like him who hid in the shadows, leaving the security of a safe place just for me was new territory for him. So, what if he was hiding his face? It's not like anything changes between us after that. I would still hopelessly love him. Lilly was right.