Part 30

I had just dropped Phil at Aurora. I thanked him for helping me out. He nodded and went to his bar. Since I was in Duskwood I decided to get some things done but I texted the boys before I could get started.

Group chat (Jake, Richy and Me)

Me: Hey guys. I just got back from the Hansons and dropped off Phil at Aurora.

Jake: That's good. Are you headed back now?

Richy: I hope he was on his best behaviour Jade.

Me: Yeah, he was, and no I am not on the way back yet. I thought I'll drop off this rental and pick my older rental from Tool Tastic.

Richy: Tool Tastic? Why?

Me: Slashed tires. Remember?

Richy: Oh I could have helped with that 😘

Jake: How could you? You were face down in the hospital at the time. 😒

Richy: Down Romeo 🐕

Jake: Shut up boy scout.

Me: Not now guys please. So, I got some information about Jennifer and Hannah.

Jake: That's great. Tell us.

Me: I will once I get the rental. Reconvene at the house?

Richy: Sure. Do you want to stop by my place and pick me up? 😉

Jake: I think it is better that we each have a car to drive. So, it will make sense if you get your car and drive out here.

Richy: Spoilsport Romeo

Jake: Don't start again.

Me: That makes sense. Ok ill drop this car at the service and pick the car from Tool Tastic and see you at the house.

Richy: Ill leave in a while then. Jade you wanna grab some lunch?

Jake: You can have lunch here, so please hurry and get here. Jade please hurry. I don't like you being in Duskwood more than required.

Me: Ok lunch at the house then. See you.

Richy: Why do you have to rain on my parade always Romeo? 😡

Jake: 😕 Don't know what you are talking about? 😎

I sighed. The car swap hardly took 20 minutes for which I was happy. Lilly had already instructed Tool Tastic that I would pick up the car and I was glad to get the car under Marina Sokolov returned. I got into the car under George's name and headed back to the house. My phone buzzed. It was a message from Jake. Weird it wasn't on the group chat but the private conversation.

Private conversation with Jake

Jake: Hey Jade.

Me: Yes, I'm on my way.

Jake: That's good. I need a favor.

Me: Shoot.

Jake: Can you pick me up at the Little Italy restaurant on the way to the house?

Me: Sure. Were you grabbing lunch?

Jake: Yes, I took a cab. Didn't want to be seen in the rental all the time but I don't want to take a cab back. The drivers seem very suspicious of me.

I laughed.

Me: I see. Sure, will do. 😋

Jake: What?

Me: Nothing. Maybe they wouldn't be if you don't wear the scarf or mask in public.

Jake: How can you say that? You know I suffer from hypothermia 😉