Part 50

6 months later, Richy's POV

I stretched in my car, closing my eyes, trying to rest, preparing myself for the long ride ahead. I knew I was running a few minutes behind, but I could make up for it. "Hey Rich, how much longer?" I heard my baby brother groan from the backseat. "Patience. A few more minutes," I said grumbling as he disturbed my thought process. "Why are we taking the car and not the train like normal people?" he said loudly. "Because then we wouldn't be able to leave when we want," I said opening my eyes. Safe to say I wouldn't get any silence before the journey. "You ready for it?" he asked. I groaned, "This is the 100th time you are asking me. Yes I am ready." "Did you pack the Tux? And the boutonniere? And the shoes? And the cufflinks?" he asked. "Regg, you are the forgetful brother. I, on the other hand remember everything," I scoffed. He rolled his eyes, "What is taking so long?" I didn't answer. Instead, I got out of the car and rushed towards her. I pulled her in my arms and kissed her saying, "You are late." She sighed, "I know, I know. I am sorry. Did you pick up Reggie?" "Yes, he is already yapping in the car." We walked hand in hand back to the car. She sat at the passenger's seat and waved, "Hi Reggie. Good to see you." "Hi Jade. Good to see you too. Sadly, not so good that you are still with my idiot brother. I don't know how you tolerate him?" Reggie responded.

"Shut up Regg," I snapped. I started driving. "Oh, Richy we need to stop by the boutique," she said. "You didn't collect the dress?" I asked. "It still didn't fit right Richy and I wanted it to be perfect," she said. "Jade come on. We are already late, and we have a long drive. Why are we even doing this if it is the last minute?" I argued. "Because the wedding can't happen without the two of you," Reggie snapped. "Thank you, Reggie," she said with a smile. "Oh God. Jade you are normally very smart but when you join forces with Reggie, your collective IQ drops under 0," I said. "Five minutes Richy. Please, you know we can't go without a wedding dress," she pleaded. "Like I have a choice," I said begrudgingly. We stopped at the boutique and she stepped out. "Five minutes Jade, else I am dragging you out with or without the dress," I yelled. She shook her head and rushed inside. "You guys are nauseatingly adorable," Reggie said. "Thanks?" I replied not knowing whether it was a compliment or an insult.

What seemed to be a million hours later, we got to Duskwood. Coming back here brought back bittersweet memories, but I focused on the sweet memories. Our group greeted us, at the entrance of the church. We got all the stuff from the trunk of the car and walked towards the guest houses at the side of the church. Luckily, thanks to Reggie both me and Jade got ample rest in the car. The wedding had stressed us out a lot. Many sleepless nights but all that would end today. Thank God. The girls were about to split towards the bride's quarters when I stopped Jade and said, "I bet I can pull off the Tux better than your dress." She smirked, "You can try Davis but you wont win." I chuckled. "Aww you guys are so sweet," Jessy said. "Chop chop. We are late," Lilly muttered. "You heard her," Dan said. We went our separate ways. We had less than a few hours for the ceremony.

Jade's POV

I was ready and was helping Lilly put on her veil when Hannah walked in with a bottle of champagne. "Who's up for a pre wedding champagne?" she asked. We all yelled yes. "Lilly you look beautiful," Jessy exclaimed in awe. "It's all thanks to Jade," Lilly said looking at me. I shook my head, "I did not do anything. I just knew the boutique that would have this beautiful wedding dress." "I can't believe my sister is getting married," Hannah said. "Honestly, I can't believe it either," Lilly said. "And I can't believe Dan was cohesive enough to propose," I teased. We all laughed as we drank. "You're the one to talk Jade. How's it living in with your boyfriend?" Jessy asked. "Its nice," I said. The girls giggled. "Living with a hottie is nice Jade?" Jessy teased again, "Woman I have seen the guy without a shirt and all I can say is wowza." "Amen," Lilly said. "Since when am I being teased?" I grumbled. "Well, we can't tease the bride, so we are going for the maid of honor." Hannah said chuckling. "Ok you girls are drunk," I snapped. "Speaking of drunk I need to check with Phil regarding the drinks," Jessy said rushing out. "And I need to check on the bouquets," Hannah said following Jessy. Once it was just me and Lilly, I asked, "Nervous?" She smirked, "Not even a bit. I want this. Though I am pretty sure Dan must be fussing about his bow tie." I laughed. Her expression changed, "I just wish.." I searched her face, "Wish what?" "I wish Jake was here you know after all he is my brother," she said quietly. My face fell. I didn't say anything. "Has he?" she started. "No, he hasn't. I haven't heard from him since that night," I said sadly. "I am sorry Jade. I know you and him were ..." she trailed. "Don't be. I don't think he could have stayed even if he wanted to. I guess it was for the best. I have to let it go," I said.

"Maybe he is checking on you slyly," she offered. "It's been 6 months Lilly. Even if he is, it doesn't matter, I have moved on," I said finally. She didn't press the topic. Just then Jessy and Hannah got back. "Ok its time. Ready?" Jessy asked. "Ready," Lilly said. We got out and headed at the church entrance. I saw Dan, Richy, Thomas and Reggie standing at the end of the aisle. The church was decorated beautifully. As the music began playing Jessy, Hannah and I started walking down the aisle. I stood right across Richy as he smiled at me and winked. Thomas elbowed him and mouthed focus. The people stood up as Lilly started walking down the aisle. She did look beautiful. Actually, everything looked absolutely perfect. The ceremony was beautiful, but it was more beautiful because we all were happy being a part of it. After the ceremony we all headed to the garden outside where the reception was being held. Richy said, "Ok. You win. I could never pull off the tux better than the dress." "Yeah, maybe next time you wear the dress Richy. It might be a winner," Reggie mumbled behind us. Richy glared at him. It was a beautiful day, and I was glad to be a part of it.

Richy's POV

The party was dying down, but we stayed back. I was sitting on the chair, drinking beer with Reggie, Thomas, Dan and Phil surrounding me. "It was a great party, Dan," Thomas said. "Say that to boy scout here," Dan said pointing to me. I shook my head, "It was all Jade. She likes doing events and stuff. I was just running around." "How is she holding up?" Phil asked. I paused for a moment, "She still goes to therapy. She still has nightmares, that is on the days she actually sleeps." "That's really bad," Phil said. "Well atleast the wedding kept her busy. I don't know what will happen from now on," I said. "Aren't you guys going on a road trip?" Dan asked. I nodded, "I hope it gives us a fresh start." "Where are the girls anyway?" Reggie asked. "Probably saying their goodbyes to the guests and wrapping things up," Thomas said. "Speaking of that, aren't you and Hannah moving out of Duskwood?" I asked Thomas. "Yes we are. I guess we need a fresh start too. And I heard Reggie is taking over Roger's now that you have become a hot shot automobile design engineer," he muttered. "You bet I am taking over and Roger's will be way better than it was when Rich was around," Reggie boasted. I rolled my eyes. "Sadly you would need a new assistant Regg, as Jess is working with me in Aurora," Phil said. "Dammit Phil. I now have to search for a receptionist?" Reggie grumbled.

"Rich I need to tell you something," Phil said. "If it is to ask if you were making strong drinks then you are absolutely right. They were too strong," I said chuckling. "No actually Jess said she would talk to Jade about this, but I think you should know this too. I guess Cleo's mom knew that you guys would be coming so she asked Jess if she could talk to Jade about helping Cleo out," Phil said. "She what?" I said gritting my teeth. "Look I don't know if Jess has spoken to Jade..." Phil continued as I stood up abruptly and rushed to find Jade. I heard shuffling sounds behind me, the guys trying to stop me. What the hell was wrong with these people? Didn't they know what we had been through?