Part 60

Hi guys. So this would be the final part. Let me know how you like it? :P

Jade's POV

The time that followed the conversation in Richy's home was extremely confusing and tiresome. Jake went off the grid for a few weeks to find his mentor. All I knew was that he was in Madrid. Only the postcards he sent told me that he was around. The trial dragged on and with it were disappointments, hopelessness, and all the unpleasant memories. My therapy sessions felt like torture. Nightmares were like the constant thing in my life. Well, that and Richy. He was the perfect boyfriend, even if it was fake, he fulfilled his character dutifully. For anyone seeing us from the outside, we were the perfect match. I knew how much it hurt him to pretend, and I also knew at times, he didn't pretend at all. And that was painful. He never mentioned it. He was the most selfless person all the time. Protective and loving. And I hated being on the receiving end of it. I didn't deserve even his fake love. But time went on.

After the group's fallout, we moved to my home. The only person bidding farewell to us was Reggie and Richy's parents. Richy seemed very much composed for a guy leaving the place he'd only been in his whole life. "Hey, you don't have to be sad bro, I will visit you every day," Reggie said smirking. "I know. You better not Regg. Its not my home," Richy snapped. "Yours or Jade's. Doesn't matter. She probably prefers my company over yours. You still didn't tell me how can you like an idiot like him?" Reggie asked me. "He might be an idiot..." I said. "Hey, you are supposed to be on my side, Jade," Richy argued. "But he is perfect for me..." I said. Reggie groaned, "Lucky son of a bitch." "Language Reginald," his dad scolded. "Yes, do you want Jade to think we are savages?" his mom said. "Yeah Reginald. Don't show that you are the adopted son now," Richy teased. Reggie rolled his eyes. Thinking that Richy would need some time with his family, I excused myself and sat in the car. 5 minutes later, Richy joined me and we started driving off. The silence was getting uncomfortable. "Go on. What do you want to ask?" he asked. "I don't need to ask anything. I need to apologize. This is tough for me and I can not even begin to imagine how tough it is for you. I am really really sorry to put you through this. You have to leave friends and family because of me," I said. This was weighing on me and it had to be said. He looked at me with a bewildered expression on his face, "Why would you apologize? Jade. We are friends, aren't we? I would do it for any of my other friends too. And about me moving? I told you this before, I always wanted to move and now I can. That's all. And I hate to admit it but Jake's my friend too. Believe it or not, he would do anything to help me out of a jam. And about the whole feelings thing that worries you so much, don't worry about it. We have a lot on our plate right now. God knows what's next with the trial," he said shrugging.

We didn't have to wait long to find out. Based on the confession, Luke was convicted. Life imprisonment. Ted Madruga was exonerated. Jennifer and Amy's families' finally had the closure they needed. That were probably the best things to come out of this. The cherry on top was Jake coming back from Madrid and staying at home for 2 weeks. I still went to therapy. My nightmares still hadn't stopped but I pulled through. Weirdly everyone in Duskwood was still in touch with me. Just me and not with each other. Mostly Lilly.

Lilly: Hey. Are you sleeping well?

Me: Not really. But I slept for like 2 hours straight, so I guess that's progress.

Lilly: Has Jake contacted you?

Me: No.

Lilly: Don't you miss him?

Me: Lilly can we not please?

Lilly: Is Richy better than Jake?

Me: Ok how about we park this topic and move to something else.