Author's Note

A lot of people have been confused in this story. Hell, I'm also confused. I wrote this more than five years ago and I don't know how to pick this up and clear everything.

When I was writing this story, I was thinking of writing a book 2 for it, thus I put a lot of mysteries at the end that was supposed to be explained in book 2. Cause you know I want the readers to follow the book 2 of it as well.

Unfortunately, when I finished writing Empress Natsume, I lost my enthusiasm for it, and a different plot started to play in my mind. The book 2 for this story was thrown at the back of my mind.

So as what I've said, I wrote this more than five years ago, even if I want to write a book 2 for it, I find it hard to pick up.

I have to read and understand the whole story all over again which made me cringe. My narrative from the first half of the story made it hard for me to preview it, that also explains why it takes a long time for me to published another chapter of the story when this story was actually finished and was only chilling in my drafts.

I can't continously read my first drafts, it's giving me a mental blow (if that even made sense) . Aside from my horrible grammars, I also have a horrible spelling and in my defense, I wasn't using a Microsoft Word office to correct my spelling or grammars during that time nor do I read it for the second time before publishing it (for the most parts). There are also a lot of things I left out in the story because I don't plan the whole story, I don't even know where it is going, I just started writing away whenever I felt like it.

So here is my clarification (Yes, finally after a long chatter):

First, Raiden meet Natsume way before he married her, they met at the river while he was hunting and they met for the second time when he was heavily injured at the same place so from there they met a few times before Raiden moved out to head to another war, but Natsume doesn't remember anymore or more like she didn't know that the adolescent boy she was meeting at the river is actually Raiden.

Second, Raiden didn't sleep with any other woman though he did marry the princess of Hoc for political reason, he's using her as a hostage for the rebels. Their army already received a heavy blow from Yuan Kang and had fight in two frontiers at the same time, having to fight a rebel army while fighting the state of Xue or right after that will wear out his soldiers. Worse comes to worst, his army will be chased out of Hoc after losing the battle with the rebels before he can declare its annexation.

Third, Natsume's second child belongs to Yuan Kang. Yep. Yuan Kang did sleep with her when she was staying at his palace. This cause a strain in her relationship with Raiden.

Raiden thinks that Natsume still have some feelings for Yuan Kang.

The second book actually focused between Raiden's son and Yuan's son fight for the throne.

Ichiro having a demon blood made other ministers questioned his claim for the throne. Yuji (Yuan's son) on the other hand has a questionable birth, his legal claims for the throne was also questioned.

It was never mentioned during Raiden's reign as they were afraid of their tongues being cut off by the Emperor but they knew, Yuji might be Yuan Kang's child. It was brought up during their heated battle for the throne.

Okay that was a huge spoiler but I'm spilling this out after a long silence to put other readers in peace. It's been years and I haven't started a book 2.

I'm honestly not a fan of writing stories with book 2 or 3, I have a lot of different plot stories in my mind so sticking to a story and making a book 2 out of it is almost impossible for me.

That's all, thanks for sticking to this story until now, I also apologize for getting your hopes up for nothing. I can't find my long lost self that wrote this story with great enthusiasm.

If you have other questions, you can ask away in the comment section.