VIII

I can't walk properly as I walk to the meeting hall, I felt so sore.

I'm still wearing the royal blue kimono and my long hair dripped down my shoulders, a few strands that was at the sides of my face are tied behind my head. I look back and saw that Risa is still following me.

"Are you sure you don't want to change your kimono and hairstyle?"

She asked for the tenth time

"Yes, I'm sure. Why do you keep on insisting that I changed my kimono when you're the one who brought it for me? And I don't want to change my hairstyle, I don't have to look my best when I'm not even meeting my husband"

"It was the head servant who gave it to me and she and I didn't know that lord General Izumi is going to visit you not until I came to your chamber this morning and I'm telling you milady, you have to look your best when you're meeting General Izumi for the first time. He's curious what Lord Raiden Ryuu's wife looks like!"

I growled and she blinked a multiple times, like she can't believe what she just heard

"Did you just seriously growled, milady?"

I looked away .

"Don't you have some work to do? Why are you still following me?"

"I just want to see General Izumi, it's been so long since the last time I saw him, I'm sure he had grown more handsome and manly than the last time I saw him"

She sure talks a lot when it comes to the five generals, especially General Izumi.

"Do you like him?"

Her eyes widen

"What? No?! I'am too old for that, I just want him for my daughter"

I stopped walking and she quickly covered her mouth when she realized what she just said.

Servants can't ambitiously be matched with a high-ranking officials or nobles, especially saying it out aloud with someone who can hear it, it is highly improper and the servant can be banished out of the palace

She kowtowed on the ground.

"I apologize, Lady Natsume. It just slipped out from my mouth"

I continued walking.

"It's okay, I'm not going to tell anyone"

"Thank you, milady"

I shrugged.

"It's not a big deal, besides... dreams are harmless, but who knows? Your dream might come true"

I ran to Ayano when we're near the meeting hall, and Risa's words were true, she's as red as the tomato.

"Lady Natsume, I was just going to get you in your chamber, General Izumi has been waiting for you"

"I know..."

I said, Ayano opened the door for me.

And there he is, sitting on the window, looking down at the servants below him that are working on the ground, his right leg is dangling outside the window and his left foot is stepping on the window side frame, a red pipe in right hand.

He look at the side and saw me, light brown eyes met mine. He didn't get out from the window or bow, he didn't say anything when he saw me.

I can't deny the fact that he is truly handsome, no wonder why Ayano is blushing a while ago.

He's wearing a black robe that ends below his knees, outlined with red, brown pants and black boots that, there is also a sword strapped at his waist. Probably the general's uniform for Lord Ryuu's Generals, he's still wearing it, that means that he just arrived here from a war.