XV

We're on our way home to the palace and General Izumi is heading to the other way by himself, on the way to the state of Sayta. My husband trust him so I trust him too.

Before he goes, he instructed the lieutenant with us to keep going even if it rains or if someone or something tried to stop us, we should still keep going as long as they don't try to block our way. Although the lieutenant tried to protest that the horses and the soldiers on foot will be weary, the General said that we shouldn't rest until we get out of the territory of Dong.

Sayta is more than politics and I don't know anything about it, maybe it is a place that has a connection to General Izumi and my husband's lives that I shouldn't get myself involved because it is not my place.

The day would have been any other day but something was off that doesn't makes me feel comfortable, it feels like something is wrong that I keep looking around in the window of the carriage, hoping that I will eventually get what it is but to no avail.

It had stopped raining but the sky didn't clear up, the heavy dark clouds are blocking the sun's light. Maybe it is not a good thing to march home with this weather but General Izumi insisted that we should go home as soon as possible or we will be in more danger, I couldn't fathom what he said but I take his advice because I also feel that we're in danger even though I don't see anything that will threaten us aside from the weather.

According to the herald of General Izumi, Lord Ryuu's campaign is going smoothly. He had defeated his other enemy that makes it only one enemy and he had taken back the Keito and in just a short while he'll defeat the warlord who's currently his enemy and maybe he will come back home but I shouldn't get my hopes up, there might be a new problem that will arise.

"KEEP GOING!!!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard someone shouted.

"What's the matter?"

I asked the coachman.

"The dark cultists are here, milady"

My heart started to pound at the mention of them 'the dark cultists'. Are they the one from the state of Sayta?

I look around from the window .

"where are they?"

"Up in the hills"

I look up in the hills and saw them, they're all wearing a long black robe, black veiled hat that are covering their faces. The hairs at the back of my neck all stood up, It feels like they're all staring at me through their black veil.

I withdrew from the window and closed it.

Just what we expected, it did rain heavily, the sky roared with thunder and lightnings.

A few moments after, the carriage stop.

"What's going on now?"

"The dark cultists are now aiming an arrows at us"

I look out of the window again and true enough, they're all aiming an arrows at us, mainly at me.

"Surround the carriage, protect her ladyship!!!"

"Move your horse faster!"

I heard the loud footsteps of the horses and the clashing of metals, I grabbed the side of the carriage as it got shaken, we're moving faster by the rocks, I'm afraid that the wheels will break.

I was thrown at the side when the carriage took an unexpected turn.

"Where are you going?!! That's not the way!!!"