LXIX

The queen of Ryuu came back, that doesn't mean that it solves everything. Raiden still refused to withdraw his army. In his view, they're already here, almost nearing the Capital, victory is within his grasp, why must he retreat? Blood can only be washed with more blood. What is there to lose?

However, this disaster is just the beginning. Disasters will fall one after another to the two states of Sang. Many events happened in the year of 993, during the Warring States period that were recorded by many historians. Either as an official, soldier, or a citizen, they watched with their own eyes as the two states fought against each other with all their might, flooding the country with blood. These two states are both strong and mighty, both ruled by valiant and majestic kings but only one shall remain and rule.

It was recorded by historians as ‘the rain of blood’ the last war of the Warring states period, putting an end to this era to begin a new one that cost many lives.

It was already noon when Natsume finally woke up from her sleep. They moved from the studies to his chamber, however she didn't expect that their activities would last that long. She was already tired after the first one but her husband that looks weary before seems to have gained a lot of energy that time, he vigorously ravished her. Don't know where did he got that energy from.

Waking up, she feels so sore all over her body. She squinted her eyes at the sunlight streaming from the window.

"Awake?"

A smiling devil asked her with a husky voice and a trace of tender affection. Sitting on the bed beside her is Raiden, his back leaning on the headboard while holding a scroll, already dressed in a black robe while she's left naked between the sheets.

"I thought it was a dream... My eyes are betraying me"

His eyes travelled to her exposed skin, her neck down to her shoulder and chest are full of red marks. Eyes turning a shade darker while looking at those marks, he's sure that there's more below that he left. His masterpiece.

"My marks looks good on you"

He said as he leaned closer to her, softly kissing her neck and with a lot of restraint, he whispered in her ears.

"Darling... I think you need to dress up already, else you'll have to stay in this bed for the whole day"

Natsume felt like her face is burning hot with embarrassment, she turned her head away from him, burrowing it on the pillow to hide her blushing face.

"Call the servants in"

In a muffled voice, she commanded him. He who commands a hundred and thousands of soldiers is commanded by her to call the servants in. Raiden didn't mind, wasn't she the one who takes the lead every now and then? Letting out a chuckle of his own amusement in this situation, he got up to go downstairs to call for the servants. They were all sent away by Izumi to the other side of the house downstairs when Natsume arrived, knowing full well what's going to happen between those couples who were separated for a long time. He knows Raiden hates it when servants eavesdrop of his private matters.

Izumi didn't know that he's back to Raiden's good graces because of this. Perhaps he might bestow him a lot of wealth one of these days.

After she was all dressed up and the servants served them their meal, a particular smell makes her dizzy, making her feel nauseated. Unable to hold it in any longer, she ran back to the bathroom in a rush. Making the servants look at each other in confusion.

As soon as she opened the door, she vomits on the floor. It isn't a good feeling, her head feels like it's swirling and she can't help herself but to vomit again on the floor a few more times. One of the servant is rubbing her back.

"Water..."

That word was squeezed out of her mouth in a whisper. In an instinct, the other servant quickly handed her a cup of water and she immediately drank it. Wanting to wash away the awful taste in her mouth. Her strength left her body so the servants supported her back to her seat.

"Your highness... I think.."

Putting a hand on her flat belly. Natsume nodded, she already knows. This isn't the first time that she experienced it, although the first one is considered not normal and the pain makes her feel that she's thread away from death, there are similar symptoms.

The servants all have a joyful face and was about to formally congratulate her when the door burst open.

"Someone reported to me that you're sick. Did you catch a cold?"

Raiden walks to where she is with large strides. He dismissed the servants and sat beside her. Putting his hands on her neck and forehead. Her temperature is just right.

"What's wrong? Where do you feel pained?"

His voice was laced with worry. Natsume shook her head with a light smile, she held his right hand and rested it on her flat belly that is yet to be bloated.

"Do you have a stomach pain?"

She melodiously laugh, like that of a blooming spring air.

"Silly... "

Wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her chin on his chest while looking up at his sharp jaw. She told him.

"We're having another child"

His body stiffened as Natsume continued to speak.

"Isn't this great? Ichiro will have a little brother or a little sister to play with and care for-- Raiden... "

She called out his name when he said nothing, pulling her body away from him a little to see his face.

Natsume was surprised to see that he's actually smiling like a fool, his eyes full of tender affection as he gazed down at her.

"I'm finally going to be a father..."

Her smile froze. Something is definitely wrong with what he said. Isn't he a father already?

"Raiden... I miss my son. Where did you put him? where is he right now? I want to see him"

This time, it was Raiden's turn for his smile to completely disappear. The room grew silent, making her more anxious while looking at him in hopes of finding out the truth.

He continued to remain silent. Doesn't know how to break the news to his wife who was all smiles just a while ago. How can he make her understand? The curse can only be passed to his first child and a curse should be put to a stop by any means before it becomes worse.

How can she make him understand? Ichiro is still their son. The first child she had painstakingly gave birth to. How can she be willing to let him go?

"Is it true that..."

Her voice broke. No... She doesn't want to continue what she's going to say, doesn't want that to actually happen.

I estimated Empress Natsume to end in the 70th chapter. Obviously, I was wrong, this might go longer. Around 80 chapters, I guess?