XXXII

"By the way, what happened to the 50,000 troops and the 4 generals that are stationed in the Northern border?"

"Ah so you've heard about it. They only have 10,000 casualties"

Just 10,000 casualties against 170,000 enemy troops? That's impossible!

"But how did they manage to kill 70,000 enemy troops?"

"Quality over Quantity. They left the frontiers and hide behind the hills after the Northern border. The enemy was deceived that they retreated because they outnumbered them, the moment they marched between the hills, General Yul Feng assembled 20,000 archers on top of the hills and rained an arrows on them, using the hills at their advantage, while General Quon Huang prepared an oil on their way and set it on fire the moment they stepped in. The enemies chased them after that and that's when they truly retreated"

So that's how it is. They were not named the five great generals for nothing, after all.

"Though, the other two generals didn't show off because they're only good at charging directly to the enemies. They're not the strategical type of generals, they're more on killing aimlessly to the enemy generals"

I look at the four generals that are still standing over the walls and looking at the plains, waiting for Lord Ryuu. Their expressions are all stoic. They're all young, just around my husband's age. It seems like the generations of youth today are all challenging.

"The tall lean man is Yul Feng, the one with a small beard and massive muscles is Quon Huang, the largest of them is Jing Bao and the shortest is Eiji Arata. Of course, who would forget the most handsome of them all that is none other than the Great General Izumi Ryuu "

Seriously? Just when I thought that he's not in the mood to be arrogant

Eiji Arata is not actually that short, it's just that the other generals are too tall. He's tall enough and he look younger than Izumi.

"I thought that you're the youngest of the Generals?"

"I'am. Eiji is just one month older and shorter than me, I'm more handsome too"

Seems like General Izumi is back to being rude and arrogant. He lost all of his problems somewhere.

From far away, something caught my attention at the plains, I can see a forming dust clouds. Horses are running speedily on the way here. Is it the enemies? Ah no-- they were just a small unit, around 500 men. When the horses were near enough, I saw the dragon red flag flapping in the wind and as they came nearer and nearer, it becomes clear that it's Lord Raiden Ryuu who's leading them at the front.

The city gate was immediately opened for him. I look at the four generals and they all look serious. The four of them descended from the tall wall to meet him.

Lord Ryuu got off of his horse after entering with his 500 men. Yul leaned his back beside the gate, Eiji is crossing his arms. The other two stiffly bowed to him. Lord Ryuu nodded at them in acknowledgement and just passed by them. What the hell?! I want to smack his head on a hard brick wall to wake him up. They deserve an explanation!

I was too preoccupied looking at him that I didn't notice that Izumi descended from the tower to also meet him.

Even from this distance, I can still hear his voice when he stopped and asked Izumi.

"Where's my wife?”

Izumi pointed at the tower where I'm. We made an eye contact when he looked up, he tapped general Izumi on the shoulder and walk up to the tower. I walk near the stairs while he's ascending to the tower, his eyes are never leaving mine. Wrath is clearly evident on his dark black eyes, his jaw is clenching and unclenching.