LX

In the end, Natsume kneeled for the sake of these servants who are staring at her in horror. Having declared the king as her enemy right now will put her in a disadvantage. These people here are his people, if she rudely act to him in public like this, her enemy will increased in numbers. No one knows that she's the queen of Ryuu, they still believe that she's the noble consort.

With a great resentment, she received the edict. Wanting to rip it into pieces but couldn't really afford to do it.

That day when Yuan Kang visited her after she received the imperial edict, he only came to see her, bringing her a lot of rare treasures from different city states, also bringing ones from Isla. He left soon after exchanging a few words with her. What is there to stay if all they do is throw sharp words here and there? She doesn't even make an effort to find a good topic to talk about.

Did he think that this is enough to coax her?

Many servants in the palace tried to curry favor with her since she's now the most favored consort of the King who's about to be crowned as their queen.

Even the officials are now yielding to her. What can they do if the king favored this woman too much? Since she came back from the enemy state, the king never sleep with any of his concubines, visiting her from time to time after attending the court matters and has never slept with any of his concubines.

It was another sunny day that didn't match her mood at all. Feeling bored, she decided to stroll in the imperial gardens. That proved to be a wrong decision, the reason was she bumped into a concubine.

"Greetings to the imperial noble consort"

A beautiful seductive woman greeted her, dressed in a light blue kimono with many luxurious pretty ornaments dangling in her hair. Natsume can tell with one look that she's one of Yuan Kang's many concubines.

Goodness ah, she never has to deal with another woman and never has to fight another woman for a man's affection. Raiden's harem doesn't accommodate any other woman except for her. Now that an opportunity came to let her experience a king's harem, naturally she has to participate to ease her boredom.

Her mother also thought her something about dealing with other women. But then again, it wasn't that much since she's also the only wife of Lord Takahiro, the things she told her about the harem is not that reliable. Are the Takahiro women this fortunate to have their men's affections all to to theirselves?

Historians might call them a witch and a fox. Through out history, how rare it is for a powerful man to only have one woman by his side?

Natsume let out a delightful soft laugher, not knowing what to do. She didn't know this woman, how could she know of what attitude or a proper behavior she should give to this beautiful concubine? Thankfully, she knows that even if the Queen's seat is empty as of now, she's the highest ranking woman in the harem, bowing or curtseying to another woman is unnecessary.

"Is the concubine strolling in the garden too or just passing by?"

"Replying to the noble consort, this concubine wants to breath in a fresh air so I decided to stroll in the garden"

Eyeing her from head to toe, she really is beautiful. As expected, only the best of women could get in the king's harem. Look at those curvaceous body and twin meaty mountains.

Natsume's personal attendant cleared her throat to distract her attention. She's checking out this concubine's body just now, which could be considered rude.

"You've became more beautiful"

Blurting out those words as an excuse, it was entirely misunderstood. The people present view it as an insult. Became more beautiful, yet the king didn't once grace her courtyard at night since Natsume came back, it was as if all the concubines didn't exist. A slap to the face that even if the concubines are all beautiful, the noble consort is more beautiful for she has conquered the king's heart who's about to crown her as his queen.