LXII

"You just lost your own child, why are you acting like it doesn't have to do with you?"

"She's not pregnant with my child"

Without looking at her, he responded.

"What do you mean? The women in the harem all belongs to you, they couldn't have an illicit relationship with other men knowing the consequence of it"

"I let the concubines drink a soup for preventing pregnancy after sleeping with them. Without their knowledge, of course."

Natsume raised an eyebrow in confusion and curiosity. If he doesn't let any of his concubines be pregnant with his child, then who would be his successor? The reason why the men wants a son, especially the ones in higher position was for them to have a successor in case of death, so that the position will remain in the main family rather than passing it to the other relatives from another branch that wants the position.

Does he think that he can live for a thousands of years and remain a monarch forever?

Sensing her confusion and curiosity, Yuan Kang didn't hesitate to truthfully says his intention behind it.

"I only want you to carry my children"

Such scary words that makes her turned stiff, those words were like a thunder struck in the heavy rain.

Natsume softly laughed to ease her frightened heart.

"Don't try me, your majesty. It's a marital infidelity"

He signalled the eunuch by his side to be dismissed, not wanting him to know these things that only the two of them know. Anyone who has a knowledge about her real identity aside from them will be killed in an instant.

"You tell me, how many beauties are housed in the palace?"

Their eyes met and the anger in her heart increased. This man is too overbearing, making people want to kill him with their own hands. With a light smile on his handsome face, he answered.

"Are you unsatisfied with me having many women? Rest assured, I promise you that I won't sleep with any other woman, though I can't really dismissed them for political purposes, I will never step a foot in their courtyards. The harem is yours to command"

"I'm not asking about that! I will repeat it again, how many beauties are housed in the palace?"

He clinched his jaw, unwilling to answer.

"You have too many women in your palace. My husband only has me in his harem. I'm his only wife and he's my only husband too in this lifetime and the next and no one else."

Yuan Kang slammed the table in anger and forcefully stood up, making the pile of scrolls on his table roll off and his chair falls on the ground. His steps were heavy as he made his way to her.

Natsume didn't once flinched with her unwavering gaze and defiant eyes. If he wants a war, she'll give it to him.

The flames of the candles are reflected in his light brown eyes, illuminating the blazing fury in his eyes.

When he's already near her, he took hold of her delicate chin, pressing his thumb harder on the surface, making it redden before leaning down and crushing his lips to hers. Crushing her soft body between the cushioned seat and his large figure, restricting her body of any resistance.

This time around Natsume didn't act pathetically, she rebelliously bites his lower lip with all her strength, tasting the iron blood at the tip of her tongue. That didn't work on him however. Yuan Kang punished her by biting back her lower lip, making it bleed. He was never the one to easily let go of the past grudges, and so, not only did he bites her lower lip. Delving in deeper into her sweet mouth that doesn't know how to say a pleasant words to him, he also bites her sharp tongue.