LXXI

It's not like the soldiers didn't do anything while staying in the city state of Zhuo. They were being trained by General Eiji Arata in this cold weather, that time when Natsume took a walk on the street just so happened to be their break to fill their stomach in the afternoon.

While Izumi Ryuu is almost splitting open his brain planning a lot of strategies, to attack and how to counterattack, his mind is restless of the latter states.

Who knows what Raiden Ryuu is planning? Staring intently at the map lying on the table, he holds the brush in his right hand, marking the Capital of Xue with a blotch of black ink.

Although they were on stand by in the city, they weren't idle. They were busy doing things here and there. When Natsume returned to where they're temporarily staying, Raiden isn't back yet and was instead surprised to find Izumi Ryuu standing by the entrance of the door, looked like he arrived before her just a few minutes ago in a rush. His face looks troubled than ever before, of all the generals he seems to be the one who's always thinking hard of problems.

"What brings you here, general?"

"I need to speak with you about an important matter"

Important matter, caught off guard with those words, she could only look at him in astonishment.

"In private"

Following those words, Natsume eyed the servants around them to distance theirselves, enough not to hear their conversation.

They leisurely took a walk in the garden at the back of the house, their steps neither fast or slow as she waited for him to speak. The scenery here looks beautiful and bright, the air is both fragrant and refreshing, yet the air between them is like those of dark clouds that surrounds their persons.

A few minutes passed and he still didn't speak, seemingly in his own world, mind wondering in many things in their situation. He is clearly absent minded. Her patience was cut short, just as she was about to speak first to break the silence did he finally opens his mouth and speak.

"I heard your pregnant with Raiden's child"

Is this what he called an important matter? Her mind makes a turn, is he going to ask her again to abort it? That must not be the case, it is said that the curse can only be carried by her first born, a demon being reborn in a human world. Possessing a human body but with a soul of a demon.

"The news sure has wings to spread this fast. You already know of it when I only told him this afternoon"

She didn't say more, waiting for him to continue what he's going to say that could be regarded as an important matter.

"You're too careless of your actions"

Raising her eyes to meet his, confusion can be seen within her bright eyes. Izumi's jaw clenched, gnashing his teeth in hatred. How many troubles is she going to brings upon them? One after another, problems keeps rolling by like a storm. Breathing in a lot of air to calm himself, he still can't afford to scold her harshly, this hateful woman. With a lot of patience he could summon, he gently told her.

"Your name is already dragged in mud and blood. Aren't you aware of that? and you're going to drag the King's reputation too"

Suddenly hit by fright with this statement like a pouring cold water, her feet stopped in its track. Even her body started trembling. Towards the meaning of his words, she already has an idea but refused to believe it, wanting to reject that thought coming in her brain.

Name is already dragged in mud and blood.

As a queen, her reputation should be clean to make a good example of a woman. What good example of a woman? She would be the be the best example of a witch woman, an evil fox.