XXII

"How many days are you going to stay there?"

Asked Ayano who's facing me with her back while packing my clothes, she's more excited than I'm when I told her that Lord Ryuu agreed to go to the South Valley. She started packing a lot of clothes and things but I stopped her, I told her that she'll only pack necessary things. I don't think Lord Ryuu appreciated loads of clothes and other things, I don't want to be scolded again, once is enough. I sat on my bed and counted days with my fingers.

"I don't know... maybe ten days? Two days stay at the South Valley including the eight days travel on the way there and on the way here"

"Ten days?!!"

She turned her head at me and exclaimed

"You're going there for ten days and you only told me to pack little things!"

"Maybe ten days, we're not so sure and It's not like I'm going to change everyday and look pretty. It's a long travel Ayano, I'm just going to sit inside the carriage for the whole day and I have to endure it"

She stomped her feet.

"And you're just going to stay there for two days, that's so short"

Yes, too short. But it's not like I'm the one who's making the decisions and I have no rights to complain. Lord Ryuu is a busy man, he needs to go to war, his men are calling him but I interrupted it again for the second time after I was abducted just to ask him to go to the Sakura festival with me and maybe he's not going to stay there for two days, that's too long for him.

A day is enough but I want to stay longer, is he going to be mad if I asked him if I can stay longer at the seventh province?

My shoulder slumped as I let myself fall on my bed.

"Those things are not the problem Ayano..."

Ayano sat on the bed beside me.

"Of course it is a problem, you're a woman, milady. You have to look clean and presentable because you're with your husband and you're going to meet his family"

I sat up and look at her with a sadden expression.

"That is not really the problem, Ayano. The problem is that I can't bring you with me, just like what happened the last time when I was going to Dong and you know that I can't just trust any servants that they'll assign to serve me"

Her shoulders also slumped when she heard it.

"I will just pray for your safety, milady"

She smiled a little.

"By the way, I've prepared the kimono that you're going to wear for tomorrow"

She turned her back at me and walk back to the wooden rectangular box. She turn around again to show me the kimono that she's holding.

"What do you think?"

Its a floral black and violet kimono, the violet sash of it is hanging on Ayano's left arm.

I walk to Ayano as I fascinatingly stared at it. I touched the fabric. It's soft

"It looks beautiful but I can't where this"

"Why not?"

"Its our first day of travel, I just can't wear something glamorous like this, maybe I'll wear it when the Sakura festival takes place at the seventh province"

She put the kimono down and grabbed the tied piece of cloth to untie it where she bundled my clothes in.

"You don't have to worry about that, there's another beautiful kimono that you can wear in that festival and it will definitely suit you"