XLV

Can this day be anymore surprising? The day before yesterday, her husband came home unexpectedly without notifying the people in the palace until he arrived. The next two days was him clinging to her in bed and she let him, after all, the man never touch a woman for four years! How much a hot blooded young man like him can endure? Natsume didn't demand to him that she'll be the only woman in his life. Of course, a man like him definitely needs a lot of concubines to secure his line with his descendants and she understand that concept since the day she married him.

She never expected that this feared warlord is a 'one-woman man' that was far from you'll expect to him. They're so many women that are fawning over him, so why not pick one or two of the most beautiful flowers that are being offered, right? Natsume couldn't really grasp his way of thoughts. Aren't most of the men that way? But of course, Raiden is not one of those most men.

After two days of spending time with each other, the next morning, Natsume found herself alone in bed, the space beside her where Raiden used to slept has gone cold.

She asked the servants and they said that they don't know either. Perhaps, he was long gone before the servants were awake. She finally got her answer when she walked to the carved flower vine terrace of her room and saw Eiji Arata on the training grounds in front of the house. He's wearing his silver armor and swinging his twin swords with both hands. A beads of sweat are forming on his forehead. He look dashing with his hair pulled up and a red band around his head, a pointed silver earring at his left ear.

Feeling that someone is watching him, Eiji looked up and saw Natsume, his lips quickly quirked up in a mischievous smile at the sight of her. He was about to open his mouth, as if to shout but shut it again, remembering the palace etiquette. Natsume walked out of the house to meet Eiji.

He bowed at her when she was three steps away. Not wanting to ask the obvious, she looked straight at him to rely the question.

"Oh, him?"

His smile was quickly wiped off his face as he remembered something and then sighed, looking dejected.

"No wonder, Izumi was very annoyed every time that he saw his lordship. This task is stressing me out even though I haven't make a move yet. What more if it's him?"

Eiji whispered to himself. Supposed to be, Izumi was assigned to do this kind of stuff but he was currently handling a state matter so Eiji was just a replacement. As if he doesn't know that Izumi was just making an excuses in order not to see the Queen, and that Raiden is so dense! He can't even read the situation or feel the atmosphere.

If he wasn't their leader, he would spit at him. He's a warlord and now a king, so why can't he read the damn situation!

He eyed Natsume and raised a brow. She didn't bother to make herself look presentable, she just gotten out of bed with her white thin chemise, grabbed an outer robe to cover her body, tying it around her waist and wear the first silk shoes that she saw near the bed. Her long silky black hair which is a bit messy makes her look even more attractive, and her curves cannot even hide by that outer robe.

It's no wonder that Raiden was head over heels to her, when Natsume look this way, she doesn't look like a queen but a temptress.

Previously, he thought that Izumi had lost his head but he understand now. Who wouldn't fall for this temptress' charm?

She's totally his type, if she wasn't their lordship's wife, he would probably be hitting on her right now.

He can't remember her being this beautiful, it's just a few years and she already look this way? Did she perhaps used some kind of black magic?!