The Jewel In The Crown

Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes. Y'all know where this is going, amiright? ;)
This is an iconic AU so I just had to add it in~ it's kind of a Robin Hood AU tbh... :|
Tord's the eldest sibling here btw UwU
The picture is of a name randomizer for Tord's parents :')
It's gonna be long--
Nonetheless, enjoy!
—————————————————

                      The boots tapped as it hit the wooden floor. A man smiled evilly as he looked at his men, browsing through them to pick one out. He wanted to choose the right person fit for his impeccable plan.
"Let's see...," The man rubbed his chin, "I need someone quick. Someone who's nice looking too, they need to sneak into the castle undetected."
He stopped in front of one.
"You shall be my successor," The man smiled, "You're Tom, yes?"
"Yes, sir," The other replied.
"We'll get ready, this will take a long time...,"

Tord was in his castle, stuck in his room. There was going to be a jousting tournament between knights from across the kingdom. Tord groaned loudly. The reason he goes there is just to stare at handsome guys without his parents knowing. They can't know their prince is gay for heaven's sake.

There was a knock at the door.
"Tord darling, you must get ready," A female voice said.
"Alright, I'll be out soon, mother," Tord sighed.
He got into his usual uniform when he went to a tournament.
"And don't wear that ridiculous yellow suit of yours!" His mother yelled, "I'm tired of seeing you wear it!"
"But it's my lucky suit!" Tord exclaimed.
"Lucky suit or not, wear that gorgeous maroon one I got for you last week. I'd love to see you wear it!" With that, his mother walked away.
"Yes, mother...," Tord mumbled.

A few minutes later, Tord walked out of his room. He walked uncomfortablly in his new uniform.
"You look handsome, son," Tord's father smiled.
"Thank you, father... It's not to my liking though," Tord frowned.
"Nonsense! Wear that and you'll get yourself a good wife!" Marzonia giggled.
"Ew, gross," Tord's sister, Tori, rolled her eyes.
"I mean... That's cute right?" Tord's second sister, Astrid, said.
Tord sighed at their responses.

There were two horse carriages waiting at the entrance. The huge front doors took more than two men to open.
"Woohoo! Let's gooooo!" Tori ran towards the female carriage.
"Toriel, do not run!" Her mother rushed to get her.
"Wait for me!" Astrid followed behind.
"Let's go to ours," The king stated.
"Alright," Tord shrugged.

Tord and his father were in their carriage. They were bouncing as the road got bumpy.
"So, son, what kind of a wife would you want to marry?" Ragnvald asked.
"Uhhhhh," Tord froze, he didn't expect that kind of question so fast.
Tord wanted to say that he doesn't like women but instead men. He would've been killed by his father if he said that though.
"I like very... Helpful and caring women. Nursing," Tord started to sweat slightly.
"Nursing? Ah, to care for you when you're old, of course. Good thinking,"
"Ah haha, yes...,"

The carriage door opened.
"We've arrived, your Majesty's," A man bowed.
"We've reached already, we'll talk later," The king said as he stepped out.
"Yeah, can't wait," Tord said sarcastically.

Soon, it began. Tord watched the knights in armour hop onto their strong horses. Those animals might have back pain after this, the metal armour is very heavy.
"WOOOOO, go Matt!" Astrid yelled.
"MATT'S IN THERE?!" Tori laughed.
"He's always here and always purple," Tord chuckled.
"Children, calm down. You're all not acting like a part of the royal fami-" Marozia paused, "MATTHEW YOU BETTER WIN!"
The king rolled his eyes.

Matt won against that knight.
"I heard there's going to be a new contestant from outside," Astrid smiled.
"Really?" Tori raised a brow, "If he ain't hot I'm rooting for Matt."
Astrid giggled.
Tord got out of his seat. It was rather high and large. They had to rebuild Astrid's chair because it was too high for her to sit.