Act Your Heart Out (1)

Hiya! This shot will be taken place during the oLdEn DaYs of the world, long before 2021. I think it'll be around the Shakespearean era, 17th century!
I'm not good at History ok--
As I always say,
ENJOY!
—————————————————

                   "HEY! GET BACK HERE!"
A man yelled from his store. Someone had stolen pieces of bread from the bakery's stand.
"Get the guards!" A woman yelled.
The man was fast. He ran round and round the passage ways, confusing the guards. Once he shook them off, he stopped.

The thief walked into a forest, where his friend sat in a big treehouse.
"Tom!" Edd called from above.
"Yeah? I'm back!" Tom climbed up the tree's vines.
He took the small sack off his back and took out the bread he snuck.
"What did I tell you about stealing from that poor bakery?! What is it, your fifth time now?" Edd punched Tom playfully.
"Nah, it's sixth. Definitely," He chuckled.

Edd and Tom were best friends. Their parents were close and worked together. But one day, their parent's workshop got burned down while they were in it. They didn't have much money and the kids were not adults yet when it happened. They sold both their homes and decided to stay in their treehouse their parents made for them long ago. Although now they're 20, they still act like kids sometimes. They never talk of the incident that led to their current position.

"We have money you know. We should buy them, no more stealing," Edd nagged.
"Oh, whatever. You can't stop me, pipsqueak!" Tom flicked his fingers at Edd's forehead.
"Who're calling Pipsqueak?!" The two laughed.
"C'mon let's eat," Tom stated.

After some silence while eating, Edd spoke up.
"We should try getting jobs again," He said, "We're old enough already."
"What, why? We're doing fine, plus, jobs are boring!" Tom groaned.
"Let's take a walk around tomorrow, maybe you can find a place that interests you," Edd smiled.
"Fine, but only because you're telling me to," Tom huffed.

The next day quickly rolled around and the two set of at noon. They wore their nicest clothes so they don't stand out too much from the rich people. Edd brought some money just in case they saw something interesting they wanted.

There was a side of town they didn't go to before, so they decided to head over there in hopes of getting a unique job.

Suddenly, while they were walking around, a big building sprang a flag. A black flag was flying in the wind. Many people rushed toward the building, talking their money out as they did. Rich, poor, adults, children, women and men were all trying to get in. What was happening?

Edd walked up to someone wearing a uniform.
"Excuse me but what's happening?" He asked.
"Ah, I assume you're new here," He smiled, "This is the Globe Theatre. We are showing a play soon. A black flag means we're playing tragedy. A red flag for history, and white flag for comedy. Are you interested in coming in?"
"Wow, a play? That sounds like fun!" Edd beamed.
"It sure is, sir. There's seats to choose from. There's the standing ticket, the seats and upper deck. Which would you prefer?" The man asked.
"I'll just have the... Normal?" Edd said unsurely.
"Ticket for two?" The man pointed behind Edd.
He turned around to see Tom sitting on the ground.
"Yes, thank you," Edd nervously chuckled.
(This is cringy I'm sorry)

The two sat down at a nice spot. In the sea of people.
"What the fuck is this, Edd," Tom asked.
"It's a play! Exciting, right?" Edd smiled.
"Ughh, it's taking so damn long!" Tom complained.
"Be patient," Edd rolled his eyes.

After a few minutes, the curtains rised up, revealing actors on the stage. The prologue started.
"Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we may our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean..."

Handsome men were playing on the stage (women weren't allowed to act back then). There were men in dresses which made Tom snicker slightly. But there was one man, who played the part of Rosaline, he thought was intriguing. He wasn't on stage for very long but something about the way he spoke made Tom's heart skip a beat. Tom watched the man speak as if he were Rosaline himself.

Approximately three hours later, the play ended. Edd was balling his eyes out and Tom was close to doing so. They both loved the play. Everyone started to leave, many people were wiping their tears away with a handkerchief. The curtains were starting to close.

All of a sudden, someone appeared on stage.
"Excuse me if this is sudden!" He yelled across the people, "We've just opened 5 spaces for our acting crew as they had retired or moved away. And depending on your looks and acting skills, we'll give good pay! Would anyone be interested?"
Edd gripped hard into Tom.
"We NEED that position," Edd whispered.
"What?! Why, we have no experience with this!" Tom replied.
"But we are good looking, right?" Edd smirked.
"Oh boy...," Tom face palmed.

"SIR!" Edd yelled at the top of his lungs, "Me and my friend would love to try!"
"Edd, what the fuck is wrong with you- holy shit--" Tom whispered.
He definitely didn't think Edd had the dignity and bravery to do that.
"Really? Lovely! I'll meet you behind the theatre. Anyone else?!" The man waved his hands around.
A few men had also joined in.
"The more the merrier, follow me!" The man walked out.

Tom had to process his mind through all this stress. The man introduced himself as Matt, he was an actor too. Matt led the 7 men through the back door. Edd had to drag Tom by the arm since Tom didn't want to go.
"Come on, Tom! I bet you'll get to see Rosaline, don't think I didn't see how you eyed them~" Edd smirked.
Tom jolted. He was brought back to life with determination. The both soon realised that Matt was the one who played as Paris.

The were toured around the place and finally were led to the actor's room. Once they entered, all the men that played were taking off make up and so on. Matt called everyone to come greet the newcomers.
"We've got a lucky 7 men who participated! Please welcome them!" Matt smiled.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Matt," someone chuckled.

Someone walked up to Edd and Tom.
"Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Jon," He greeted.
"Hi, Jon! I'm Edd and this is Tom," Edd introduced.
"Oh, great! Let me go see the others, bye!" Jon smiled.
The two waved.
After a few other actors, one made Tom freeze in place.

"Hello, I'm Tord. Nice to have more people in the crew," The man reached his hand out.
"Uh-- hi," Tom slowly pulled his hand out and shook Tord's hand.
"I'm Edd and this is Tom, you must've played Rosaline," Edd smirked.
"Oh, yes, I did," Tord chuckled.
"Tom who was your favourite character again? Oh yeah, it was Ro-" Tom slapped his hand onto Edd's mouth.
"Can you not!" Tom blushed.
"You like Romeo?" Tord raised a brow.
"N-no, I liked... Well you, Rosaline," Tom shrugged.
"That's great to hear! I'm glad. I usually play a women's part since I have pale skin and longer hair than others. I like playing as Rosaline," Tord smiled.
"Mhmm, y-yeah," Tom glanced around, "Edd, we should... We should get going don't you think? We'll come tomorrow, heheh... Bye!"
"Awee, fine. Bye, Tord!" Edd waved.
"Bye!" Tord chuckled.

Edd was laughing all the way back as Tom pulled Edd's arm back home.

"Edd, don't blow me off like that! Obviously I don't want him to know! Plus, I just liked the character not the actor," Tom pouted as he sat on the floor.
"Okay, okay! Sorry, Thomas," Edd gave Tom a pat.
"It's fine... Let's get some sleep. I'm all tired out," Tom sighed.
"Yeah, you're right. Good night, Tom," Edd yawned.
"Night," Tom said.
The two went to their small beds and went to sleep.

The next morning was fast. Edd woke Tom up, realising he forgot to ask Matt what time to arrive for their work. They both quickly ate and sped to the theatre. Matt informed them that they didn't have to come that early and noon was just right. Edd sighed in relief.

Some of the men though, were there already. Including Tord. Tom and Edd went in. Greeting everyone they had met.

——————————————————

(1443 words)

Yayy, hope you liked that and are excited for part 2!
3 days, 3 updates, your girl on a streak here, oOooOooOh---
Oh my God, XD
Hope you have a lovely day, stay safe and stay awesome!
Bubaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!💖