The Golden Forest (2)

Yayy!!
Here it is, part 2!
Scarlet Skies (2) will come out next so sit tight and make sure you stay in your seat or you'll be launched out of my roller coaster. >:D
ENJOY!!!!
——————————————————

                           Tom descended into the forest, keeping his stance as low as possible. He made absolutely no sound as he walked across the lush greenery. He was roaming in the forest, looking for the monster that terrorized the civilians.

Suddenly, a scream erupted deeper into the woods. He sprinted in the direction of the cry for help. But when he reached, his eyes widened. There lay countless bodies of dead, bleeding people and animals. Some were woman, some were men, some had snouts and some had hooves.

Then, a creature roared furiously. Tom whipped his head to the monster, he was shocked and disgusted. A large, droopy beast stood in the middle of the corpses. Just like the other legendary animal, it too, could shape shift but it wasn't beautiful. It was hideous. The shape wasn't constant so it looked like different animals and humans merged together. It gobbled down on the man that yelled and blood splattered all over it. Tom backed away but stepped on a twig.

Crack

The monster twisted its body and roared again. It grew multiple legs and started rushing towards him at full speed. Its rows of teeth bared and spread wide open to devour him. This was the first time Tom froze up. He genuinely thought he was going to die. He shut his eyes, braising himself for the sharp pain... Nothing. Nothing happened.

He opened an eye and gasped. The beast was still. It growled and changed into a wolf. It howled then ran away, deeper into the forest.

Tom was confused, why did it leave it alone suddenly?
"Are you alright?" A voice suddenly asked.
Tom jumped. His heart was beating rapidly in his chest as he turned around, pointing his gun. He froze again.
"Were you harmed?" It asked again.
A massive stag, much taller than Tom and almost the same size as the beast, stood in front of him. Its fur was caramel in colour with the most beautiful pair of antlers rested on his head. He had peculiar golden eyes and silver hooves. It was the legendary stag.

"Uh– thank you for saving me." Tom said.
He wasn't sure what to do so he bowed. The animal laughed.
"No need to bow, my dear." It said. (Dear, geddit? No? Okay–)
It transformed into a man. He had pale skin and the same description goes from the start apart from the animal features. This time, he wasn't as tall as Tom, he was slightly shorter.

"What are you doing in these parts of the forest? It's dangerous here, you could've gotten killed by Larzak. He's powerful don't you know?" He said.
"Y-yes I know, but I came to kill it." Tom replied.
"You can't, he's like me. He's got incredible strength."
"Why didn't you save those people?"
"I've been resting, healing actually. A group of hunters found me and tried to shoot me down. I got a lot of wounds I needed to heal. I see Lars took advantage of that."
"Wow, you're so cool."
"Wha– uh, thanks?"
"Sorry, you just look really cool with golden eyes and the transforming and everything."

The man sort of giggled. Tom blushed. He was blushing to a creature that could potentially kill him at any moment, neat. The man looked handsome and cute at the same time. They had a nice jawline with a cute smile, a muscular body like Tom's too.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Thomas Ridgewall at your service, just call me Tom." Tom said.
"I'm Tord. You're the first calm human I've met. Usually they'd go crazy for me." Tord chuckled and Tom did too.

They talked for a while, as if they were friends before. It seemed that Tom had made a new friend.
"Can I come meet you sometime? Here in the forest." Tom asked.
"Oh, sure! I would love to meet you again, Thomas." Tord answered.
"Tom! I don't like being called that."
"Why? I think it's quite cute."
Tom blushed a bit.
"No it's not!" He yelled.
Tord just laughed.
"Sure, sure, I'll see you tomorrow!" He said.
Tom waved as Tord turned into a stag again and galloped into the abyss of trees.