Chapter 3 [Overhaul] Part 1 - History

The warm embrace of the lizard's loving arms was the best thing to happen tonight, and to end the exhausting day. The deer hugged back, resting his head on Kananosuke's strong shoulders. His beating heart relaxed, his breathing softened. This was what he wanted after getting out of the market, what surprised him the most was it was not coming from his family.

"Thank you...", whispered the deer who had his eyes closed as a drop trailed down. A drop of trust. The drop Kananosuke had been waiting for.

They remained their bodies closed to the outside world like there was no tomorrow.

"Now... I know you are extremely exhausted in this terribly long night. Let me show you to your new room. You are going to love it.", the Komodo dragon gently pulled away from the hug and looked at the deer still in his grasp.

Ray only nodded as he was wiping some tears from his face. He was glad someone still found value in him. He stayed close to the lizard as they walked out of the room and up the grand staircase.

One of the hallways led to two more directions. To the right was Kananosuke's bedroom and on the opposite was the deer's room. Both were spacious and extravagant. The bed in between the two massive towering windows was enough to fit an entire group of four.

The closet was bigger than his entire old home. He had his own bathroom. Everything in this room was covered with expensive finishes.

"Wow...", whispered the deer who stepped further into the bedroom.

"I hope it isn't too much to your likings.", said the lizard who leaned the side of his body on the doorframe with arms crossed, watching the deer strolled.

"Get some rest, Ray. Tomorrow will be a big day for both of us. We'll be doing a lot for you to become the Ray we both wanted.", he added with a tiny smile growing on his face.

Kananosuke tipped his head at the deer before slowly closing the door with a light click. When he turned and was in the hallway, a butler was standing in the corner with his head slightly angled up. It was one of those men who only handled the incoming calls. What was it this time?

"Sir, the black market is on the phone."

Kananosuke glanced over at the deer's bedroom door before walking to his office where he would usually work instead in his other in the city.

Ray was running his hands over the walls of books in the small study area. He had never seen these many books before, bigger than his school's library. He slid one out and skimmed over the pages, feeling the soft papers and the smell of the ink, all enveloped by the fine leather.

There were some stacked on the desk, they were empty when he checked them. He figured these must be his notebooks. Speaking of notebooks, would the school still remember him? How about his friends?

He looked at the super king-sized bed neatly prepared for him. This easily dwarves his original bed back home, even the one in the cell. He didn't want to ruin the butler's effort of preparing the bed with clean sheets.

He went to the bathroom to take a shower first before heading to bed where he tossed himself in the middle, with arms stretched out. He pretended to make an angel, rubbing his arms around, feeling the soft fabric under him.

Within minutes, the deer passed out with the fact he would be waking up with the new life he chose.

Alone with a new identity.

He woke up hours later when the morning sun blasted through the windows, to the bed where the deer was curled up, hugging one of the pillows which were bigger than him. He was dreaming about the time in the black market. The innocent lives left in the wretched place when he departed, where could they possibly be now, now that he was in the hands of someone?