Chapter 8 [Cherryton] Part 3 - Crown

Once alone, he slid the newspaper into his briefcase along with his revolver and dagger. He made sure he had enough bullets for his entire stay in school. He didn't know how long he would be there. A job could pop up for him anytime. He didn't even know how he should execute his investigation. He only had a small notepad where he wrote a few key areas.

After checking everything in the office, he headed out of the black market, to Cherryton School. He navigated through the city by foot instead of utilizing his own limousine. He had never used it before, not even once. Hopping onto a limousine just reminded him of something.

Crossing the street, he could see the summit of the building of the school in the distance. It was flaring as he got closer. Dusty air blew his suit when he crossed another street and finally at the front entrance of the school. He stood at the gates as the sun blasted.

"Louis...", whispered Ray when he inhaled heavily.

His eyes had remained in his mind, those very familiar eyes. It somehow matched the ones he met years ago when he was stuck in one of the cells.

He stood tall as he gazed at the lively environment of the school. He passed the iron gates. Students were doing the usual things, reading, chatting, some were under the shades of the trees.

The first person he would be interacting with was going to be the principal, who went by the name Gon. Heading straight to one of the major points would cut this investigation to who-knows how long it would take.

Basketball courts and other things, Ray roamed around the school for a moment, gripping his trusty and hefty briefcase. He remained silent even though he was receiving some stares from the people he passed by. At one time, he even chuckled when he heard someone talking if he was the brother of Louis.

He had no idea of how much they looked identical. The only things that stood out from both were their antlers and the prosthetic leg of the beastar. He wondered about that.

After his undisturbed self-tour in the foreign place, Ray asked one of the students to direct him to the principal's office where he expected to see the Siberian tiger. He navigated himself through the hallways as soon as the bell rang, sending students to their classes, flushing the hallway with utter silence.

He glanced at the opened doors of the classrooms, getting a sense of their day-to-day operation.

Barging into the office, Ray found Principal Gon talking on the phone. The deer didn't bother introducing himself to the principal. He was confident everyone knew him.

The deer sat on the chair situated at the front of the desk, placing his briefcase on the floor next to his feet with a heavy thud.

"I'll talk to you later.", said Principal Gon before hanging up and readjusting his square eyeglasses. His black suit and red tie were displayed as the slanted sun rays shone through the blinded windows.

The herbivore shifted his weight to one side and rested his hand on another, waiting for the tiger to begin their conversation. Both had no idea how long this would take however, Ray knew he would be harvesting a lot, hence he brought a notebook and a fountain ink pain. Both had the black market's logo.

"It's been a pleasure seeing you here, si-"

Ray raised his hand to halt words coming, "I only came here for two reasons. I'm not going to waste time. Shall we begin?"

The tiger only nodded seriously since he had an idea of what this deer was capable of. He breathed in and began placing all information he had with Louis before he dropped out.

As Principal Gon talked, Ray scribbled on the fine paper with ears standing up and facing the direction of the deep voice. He was already intrigued by the first information like Louis taking a short leave from the school and performing as a lead actor in the drama club.