Chapter 16 [Dance] Part 5 - Soul

"You sure about this?", asked Augustine who was dusting Ray's suit off.

Ray nodded lightly as he stared at his own reflections while fixing his bow tie. He didn't know what he would be seeing and experiencing in the event soon. He wasn't prepared for such things, add the fact that his status in the society will be with another of his complete opposite.

Ray stood tall, but with doubt, when they were finally finished prepping. The deer was wearing a new custom-tailored suit only for this event. He tugged his suit and readjusted his sleeve before stepping off the platform.

Augustine couldn't honestly believe he was staring at Ray. The deer he knew to be ruthless. The lion used to despise Ray from the beginning, but now he was proud of what he had become as if Ray was his son growing up.

"I guess this night answers my question, huh. Are you ready?", questioned Augustine who volunteered to be Ray's chauffeur and butler for the special night. It was not only because he wanted to protect the deer, but also he wanted to witness how far Ray had gone without any strings.

"I'm scared.", murmured Ray when he slid the rose down to his breast pocket.

"I know you are. I also know you're brave."

"How?"

"Because you still want to go to that event.", the lion winked before putting on his own suit and opening the doors for Ray.

The venue was on the other side of the city. It was a luxurious place, as expected. Everyone who was a major player in all aspects of life would be there. All dressed up, covered with status symbols. Not just that, big-name media were also there, most of them were broadcasting their arrivals live.

One by one, the guests walked along the red carpet leading them to the building. Some cameras were flashing and some people were trying to get their autographs and their interviews.

Majority of the crowd squealed when the famous red deer arrived. His handsome appearance was completely displayed in front of everyone as he walked through, not doing any interviews or signing anything.

He had been in many events before, it was honestly getting boring, but he knew this night would be different. Once he got inside, he waited in the lobby for someone while greeting at the other quests.

Just as everyone expected all of the guests had arrived and was about to head inside, a black limousine drove up to the red carpet. Unlike the other limousines, this particular one got everyone's attention, mainly because of the black market's logo.

Whispers began to flood the front entrance as Louis watched.

Augustine was the first to step out of the vehicle and swiftly moved to the other side where he opened the door for Ray.

Flashes of light began to flood the place as Ray stood before the red carpet. Unlike all guests, he wasn't officially invited but it didn't stop him from declining Louis' invitation.

"I was expecting you to ghost me, I guess that rumor is as old as the market itself.", said Louis with a smile when he hugged Ray tightly, a surprising sight for all those who were watching.

They walked deeper into the building where the event would be taking place. The massive room was very extravagant. Large chandeliers, unique paintings, and glittering utensils brought the entire room to life. Life of a wealthy that is.

Louis guided the other deer to their table which was conveniently situated at the corner of the room, convenient for Ray of course. Ray had already too many stares for the night. The next thing he would be expecting was seeing his own face in the news. A rare thing.