23. Completely Shattered

OTHELLO POV:

OTHELLO POV:

It felt weird leaving Euterpe all alone yesterday night after the day we had. Not to mention the fact that it was her woman time of the month. What if she gets sick? What if she's in pain? What if she needs something? Sure we have never been around a woman this much or at all really but we're not completely useless. If she needed something we could help her or be there for her. Well, we probably couldn't do some things for her but that doesn't mean we can't try. Just because she doesn't ask for help, that doesn't mean she doesn't need it.

"Did we really have to miss another day of school? Do you know how many people are going to ask questions, it's troublesome. If we did not have to keep up this stupid jock role then it would be so much better. If some asks me if I have a ball one more time, I'm going to eviscerate them." Axton grumbled irritated.

I nodded drinking my coffee and turned my head to the window. I just want to go home already, we spent all night looking over shipments and it was tiring, to say the least. The last time we didn't supervise the shipments, a third of them got lost and it took two weeks to get them back. Rydge was absolutely livid and spent those two weeks snapping at everyone. It was something that he didn't do often but just him doing it, in general, was not a pretty sight. The rest of us spent our time in our offices and only saw him when requested.

Although she didn't know it, Euterpe changed a lot in just the two and a half weeks that she has been here. I mean sure, Thorn checked up on the twins and I with Castriel every few times but it wasn't constant. We didn't sit down and have breakfast or lunch, not even dinner together every day. When our father left us Rydge wanted to make sure that we have a sense of normalcy but it didn't last long. He got busy, Castriel got busy, Thorn tried to distract us whenever he could, and after that, it was just nothing. We had family dinners once and month and the only thing we talked about was work but then... she came. Euterpe came and soon it was every meal together unless at school. It was checking up on someone other than ourselves every three days.

It was, it is... refreshing.

Especially when she looks at us and she doesn't look at us like they do. She doesn't look at us like the name we got from people, we don't look like demons to her. Yet, I'm sure it is only because she has seen her own demons. She is nowhere as innocent as she is trying to seem but she is not as bad as us. Her father, her name, her looks, it is all part of something bigger. Euterpe is not stupid, she knew what her father did for a living but what about us? If she does know... then I'm glad, I'm glad that she still won't look at us with fear and disgust. The most I've seen from her was loss and confusion, a bit of anger but nothing else. I'm not sure if I could take it if she looked at us with fear. Even if we knew she'd leave soon, she was our blood, our sister, and we protect our own. Always.

"You don't complain when the girls show up in your jersey number." Castriel gave him a look.

Axton squinted at the floor, "That's because I'm very attractive, they should show up in my number. I mean, imagine if they showed up in Braxton's number?! Absolutely revolting." He gagged.