18. Her Screams

THORN POV:

THORN POV:

I bit my thumb as I watched the steam from my coffee slowly move up and disappear. I sighed leaning back in the chair listening to the clattering of utensils on plates.

Rydge was able to get all our meetings canceled until next week and the others were off school today. It might be a Friday but it felt so bad. It was lunchtime and everyone looked as bad as I felt about this situation. There were frowns, scowls, eye bags, and crazy hair but no one seemed to care.

Euterpe was asleep and none of us wanted to wake her because it was the longest she's slept yet. She was waking up every hour since last night but it's been three hours so we were a bit content. I wanted to go up there and watch her but Rydge seemed to take the job himself. He never left her all night until now to go eat some food but I knew it was because he felt guilty. All of us did. We were supposed to protect her and she was hurt, badly.

"I'm sorry," someone whispered.

I looked up to see everyone looking at Braxton, "It was my fault she went. I should've watched her at the party, I just thought..." he blinked, "I just thought she would be okay." He looked down at his food.

"I know I yelled at you and I'm sorry. It's not your fault Braxton. It was an unfortunate accident, you couldn't have known." Othello patted his shoulder.

He sighed shakily and nodded before taking a sip of his own coffee. I was about to drink my own when we heard crashing and all of us immediately bolted to her room. I skidded to a stop in her room to see Miles and August trying to calm a crying Euterpe. I felt so useless and turned to see my brothers with a pained face, they felt the same. My eyes went back to the trio and listened to them fire rapid Spanish at Euterpe. She kept shaking her head and started to sob harder than before. I sucked in a large breath and in the corner of my eye, I noticed the others grew tense. I watched a tear roll down Castriel's cheek before he angrily wiped it away.

"Fresa, por favor." (Spanish "Strawberry, please.") August tried to grab her hand that covered her face.

A choked sob escaped her lips, "No te dejaremos. Estamos aquí." (Spanish "We won't leave you. We are here.") Miles soothed gently pulling her other hand down.

She sniffled and looked up at them before looking down with a guilty face. Guilty of what? I have no idea but I don't like that look on her face.

"No." August immediately hissed, "No es culpa tuya. No te atrevas a disculparte. Ahora estas bien." (Spanish "It is not your fault. Don't you dare apologize. You're okay now.") He wiped her face dry.

My mouth went dry, she thought it was her fault? My eyes connected with my brothers and I knew they were thinking the same thing.

"Euterpe?" I called softly.

She sniffled looking up at us and tilted her head, "I think it's time that we talked. We don't want to push you but it seems like there is more to the story than we originally thought. Is it okay if we go down to the living room?" I asked quietly trying not to startle her.