19. Desperate Attempt

BRAXTON POV:

BRAXTON POV:

We were all sitting down waiting for Euterpe and the other two idiots to come downstairs for dinner. Light chatter and footsteps caught my attention and I looked up to see them walk in. My eyes were mainly trained on Euterpe and I felt my heart drop each time I looked at her. Her pale skin was littered with bruises of multiple colors and a few cuts that were covered with gauze stood out. Even with all of that, I will admit that her wounds are what worried me. What worried me the most was now that she was wearing light clothing we could actually see her full body. Her size was worrying me greatly, she was too little, she was too skinny, almost fragile. She was almost bone and it confused me because I swore she ate three meals a day. There was no way that she wasn't eating here. I mean sure a few times she didn't finish her food- no I wasn't worried... I was just being observant but whatever. I'm sure she's been eating.

I bit my tongue and waited for them to sit down before I said anything about it. It might be stupid to bring it up but it would also be stupid to think that the others didn't notice either. Once they sat down I mentally prepared myself for the mess I will most likely create. Hopefully nothing it won't go to shit and actually be fine.

"Did you have a nice nap?" Thorn asked worriedly.

Euterpe nodded and the maids brought out our food but I just watched her reaction. Her face slightly twisted as she looked at the plate but picked up the fork. She took some pasta and quickly stuffed it in her mouth which resulted in everyone else moving to eat. She swallowed and looked back at the food with a blank face but her eyes held disgust.

I frowned, "Euterpe," I spoke up, "Do you eat?" I asked making the chatter cease.

She stiffened and turned her body in my direction giving me a dirty look. Even Othello was looking at me with 'drop it' eyes.

"What are you going on about Braxton?" Castriel turned to me as well.

I sighed, "I never see her eat. Sure she eats a few bites but never more than that. She even skipped dinner a few times since she's been here. Can any of you honestly say that you have seen here eat breakfast or lunch as well?" I crossed my arms.

"Euterpe, you eat don't you?" Axton asked softly almost a whisper.

She pursed her lips.

"Jensen," Rydge called.

Jensen walked in a few seconds later, "Yes, Master Rydge?" He bowed respectively.

"Do you or Milton have any idea if Euterpe eats breakfast or lunch? I want the truth." He said with no room for argument.

Jensen hesitated, "She's been in the kitchen a few times and has taken a couple of muffins before school but no. I've personally never seen her eat them muffins and she's never asked for lunch when not at school." He looked down.