32. A Father

EUTERPE POV:

EUTERPE POV:

Everything felt numb.

All of it.

Everywhere.

There were places that hurt more than ever before and places that have never hurt before either. It felt like my body parts had bruises on bruises which was probably not impossible but not very common. But then again, this was me and I wouldn't be surprised to know if my luck was just that bad.

When I finally got some feeling into my body I let out a silent groan. My lips parted and my eyebrows furrowed in immense pain. My hands twitched and I could only guess that I was on the floor. The cold feel of cement was what manage to give me the energy to open my eyes. My body twisted trying to see anything in my blurry vision but nothing. As I landed on my side I let out a quiet yelp from the pain of putting pressure on an unnoticeable bruise. It took a few minutes but I managed to push myself up against the wall with much effort.

"Heh," A short breath pushed through my lips.

Picking my head up from its slightly downwards position I finally looked around. I was in a small room that was surprisingly clean and not in a basement or cell of some kind. There were only dark beige walls and nothing else, no chairs, no bed, no table, nothing at all. The light flickered a few times but nothing else seemed to be out of the ordinary.

I wasn't stupid.

If I wasn't in the hospital then it was obvious that I was not with the Vaughn's. If they had found us then they'd probably go crazy and make sure there was in the best doctors. Whoever took me or us if the boys are here obviously don't give a damn that I was in an accident that probably could've killed me.

If it was him...

Then this is unnecessary and I don't want to be here any longer than I have to be. I don't care what he wants but I will leave wherever this is.

Even so, my mind traveled back to the boys and I could only hope that they are okay. I could only wish that they were alive and safe somewhere else. I could only imagine that they were helped by the Vaughn's or anyone really after the accident. And if they were here... then I could only pray that they are treated well or he will taste my wrath. I may be afraid of his actions but I never go down without a fight and if he took them, then I'll fight harder than ever.

It wasn't about who took her or what they want with her of all people. What mattered was if they took her best friends, what they did to the people she has only ever known as family, that was all that mattered to her and in this moment.

Euterpe was a woman of many things, sure she lies, sure she has secrets, sure she does not trust easily, sure she hates people, but she always kept her people safe.

Nothing will stop Euterpe.

Heavy footsteps could be heard coming in the direction of the room I was in. I shifted to the corner I was a few feet away from with a heavy breath. My jaw clenched from the pain of moving so quickly. I took a deep breath before steeling myself to face whoever it is that is coming. The door opened with a soft click and my eyes landed on a familiar figure.