24. Middle Name

EUTERPE POV:

EUTERPE POV:

As everyone ate I kept toying with the necklace around my neck distractedly. My other hand was tightly gripping Othello's trying to get a sliver of confidence back. Of course, I was hesitant to attempt to remove any type of comfort from Othello, the Vaughn's in general but I had to.

Miles and August have always been there for me in times of need, and when not needed at all. We stuck together side by side all these years and I certainly have never been more thankful. But I also know when to pull back a bit. With everything that's happened last night, I knew it didn't only affect me. I am torn about it but so are they even if they try not to show it so much. The three of us are basically one and because of that, they feel the loss as well. It hurt, it does hurt... so bad but what happened cannot be changed no matter what. I couldn't just wish the baby back and just go on my merry way. Finding out you were pregnant and lost the baby in one day is an absolute wreck. I did not want a child from Nolan but it was my baby as well. Half of the baby, was me... just all me. Children were never something I thought of and if I did, I didn't want children. I didn't want them to have a fucked up mother who couldn't even speak up for herself. I didn't want them to have to learn about the things I went through one day. I didn't want them because I was still a child myself at the time. And yet now, while I feel relief, I also feel complete despair. It feels like something was ripped away but nevertheless... it just wasn't meant to be. So yes, I needed comfort and if I had to go out of my comfort zone to get some, then I was going to do that.

No other reason was needed...

Okay, maybe I also just didn't want to hold Milo's right hand because he needed to eat. He was right-handed and I didn't want him to spill his food or something. It'll be a mess...

"Euterpe,"

I blinked looking at Rydge, "Have you decided on a dress for the Gala this weekend. It is only a few days away and if you want the dress to be made and fitted properly on time it is best to settle right away." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, shi-" Aug coughed, "I mean, oh yeah... haha the Gala is this weekend." He spoke through clenched teeth with a smile.

I forgot about that, I don't want to go but they will never let me stay home. I hesitantly let go of Othello's hand making a small frown appear on his face in the corner of my eye.

"I- not exactly but I will have a dress by Sunday. I am sure you have other things to worry about." I signed looking around.

Rydge hummed, "Yes. I do. However, I also need to make sure that the dress you prefer will be good for the Gala. Many people will be attending and it is best to make a good first impression." He narrowed his eyes at me.

Aug cleared his throat, "Miles and I were actually planning on going shopping today. While we in no way want to leave her after the scare last night it might be best. While we are out shopping we can pick up a dress for her. That way she will not have to stress over anything." He smiled tightly.