25. The Lies

EUTERPE POV:

EUTERPE POV:

I shot up breathing heavily and took a deep breath trying to calm down. My breathing was quick, almost too quick but I couldn't grasp any calmness yet. I hated having nightmares, I thought that they would just go away after a few years but I was wrong. I have them all the time and that's a reason I hate sleeping. It was like I could never escape. People say that sleeping provides a way to escape reality, that it gives you a safe space for imagination but it doesn't. All I get is memories on memories and no way to wake up from it until it hurts too much.

A shaky sigh escaped my lips and my hands trembled as I moved my hair away from my face. My eyes darted around and squinted when I looked out the window. It was very dark outside which made me turn to the clock.

1:23 AM

Ugh, just great. I'm not even tired anymore but it is still annoying as hell. What am I supposed to do at one in the morning?! It's not like I can sneak out either with the security they have.

Maybe the library?

No, I can't read now, my mind is messy.

The music room?

No, everyone is asleep and I'm not completely sure it is soundproof.

The gym?

No, I'm too lazy right now...

There is... one person that could be awake right now but I don't want to answer questions. Oh well Euterpe, let's go.

My feet touched the color floor making me cringe and I quickly put on some socks. I grabbed a hoodie and threw it on before walking out the door. The hallways were quiet and if I didn't know six overgrown idiots lived here I might be a bit creeped out, to be honest. Maybe I should get them a few lights, apparently, I'm a millionaire now. But, they should have some already. Are they really going to tell me they're multi-billionaires for nothing?

I knocked on the door lightly, "Come in," he called.

I pushed the door open slowly and peeked in looking around before fully walking in. I shuffled on my feet nervously before he finally looked up.

"Oh, Euterpe you're awake." Rydge tilted his head.

I took another deep breath, "Bad dream." I signed.

He kept his eyes on me, "I'm surprised you didn't wake up sooner." That was all he said before looking back at his laptop.

My eyebrows furrowed... sooner? What does that mean?

"Today is Friday,"

What the-

"You slept throughout the entire day yesterday. I won't lie, Thorn was absolutely terrified and was rambling all day. Are you alright?" He asked still typing.