26. Drowning Eyes

EUTERPE POV:

EUTERPE POV:

I blinked a few times as I woke up but didn't really move that much. My body facing to the left with my left hand on the pillow in front of my face. I sniffed tiredly just gazing at nothing really, the gray walls were darker than I thought.

A shift brought me out of my thoughts making me turn around in bed. Rydge was sitting at my desk knees apart, elbows resting on each one and his hands clasped. His forehead was resting on his hands making his face look down but his eyes were closed. He almost looked like he was sleeping if it wasn't for the small crinkle around his eyes every few seconds. He let out a shaky breath before his eyes opened and made contact with mine.

"Good morning," His voice was a bit raspy.

I blinked and nodded at him from my spot, I didn't care about getting up right now.

"You were crying again,"

I lightly sighed, it is always these stupid dreams that are giving away everything.

"I don't know why..." I looked up at him now standing by my window, "I don't know why I couldn't just leave the room. You don't want our help and it clearly shows. I admit that we probably aren't the best people to help you in the first place but it does hurt. Seeing you cry, it hurts. Hm," He cleared his throat.

I played with the end of my pillow sheet not wanting to say anything.

"I'm sorry for what I said." His face barely turned back in my direction, "There is no excuse for that but out of all six of us. I'm the one who remembers Avery perfectly clear and she always lied to us. I just didn't want the same from you, so I'm sorry." His head went down.

I sat up getting his attention and nodded slowly so he understood that I accepted his apology. I honestly feel like I couldn't be mad either, I did lie to them but for my own purpose. They pushed it far but it was only fair that they wanted the truth. I mean who wouldn't want the truth after finding a sonogram when the said person clearly stated they weren't having sex. It was bound to be let out some time. I ran a hand through my hair and heard soft but heavy footsteps in my direction. I looked up to see his tired face and very wrinkled suit.

"Can you eat?" He asked softly.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion but I nodded anyway, I guess I could eat something. This stupid diet routine is messing with me a bit if I'm honest. I saw a hand moving quickly and my eyes snapped to his quickly. We both know that I can stop it but I wasn't sure if I should. His hand finally made contact and I blinked even more confused.

"I'm sorry enigma, I'm so sorry." He whispered.

I nodded still feeling his hand on my head.