16. Snipped Wings

EUTERPE POV:

EUTERPE POV:

"Bye babe, get some rest okay?" Milo kissed my head.

"Yeah, sleep this time. I don't want you to stay awake all night. Sleep." Aug commanded with a stern face.

I stuck my tongue out and they smiled walking to the car before leaving. I sighed turning around because dinner just ended and I knew Othello would come after me. Maybe I can fix this. I peeked inside and saw no one so I shut the door quietly and ran all the way back to the room. I shut the door and locked it with a small triumphant hum.

"Euterpe."

Ah fuck.

I spun around and Othello was leaning on the wall with a 'really' face. I shrugged and walked to the bed before flopping down and looked at the ceiling.

"Why did you lie?" He asked again.

Why wouldn't I lie?

I heard soft steps and his face came into my view and I lightly sighed looking at him. He gave me a look but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to get me to tell him the truth or punch him.

"Please tell me," he finally whispered.

"I just wasn't hungry." I signed.

He narrowed his eyes, "You act like I'm actually going to believe that which is ridiculous. You and I both know that you aren't telling us something." He crossed his arms.

I nodded but didn't make a move to say anything.

"Was it about what they said?" He frowned.

Oh, I could go with that.

I nodded slightly and he watched me for a few seconds before sighing again. He sat down at the edge of the bed and put his head in his hands.

"You know what they said wasn't right, it wasn't true. You're not a waste, and you're definitely not a mistake." He rubbed his face pausing, "This family was fucked the second Avery cheated and we know it's not your fault. You're innocent in the matter so I'm sorry how cold we are to you but it's just the way we are. Hell, the last time I ever touched one of them was if we fought. However, we will protect you. You are blood, and we protect our own. So listen to me when I say that they're wrong and they will pay. You are worth way more than you realize. I know you don't want to be here but just... bear with us." He turned to me.

I fought a frown and turned my head to look away.

"Alright, I'll leave you then. Tomorrow morning I want you to eat, you're too skinny." He huffed getting up, "Goodnight, Euterpe... and good lie." He walked to the door and left.

Oh, Thanks...

"I don't want to go," Aug whined.