10. The Club

RYDGE POV:

RYDGE POV:

Euterpe and her two friends came into the foyer quietly making me curious. None of them even asked why we have guns on us. They stayed on either side of her like protectors and for once I saw her posture more relaxed.

I checked my watch, "In the car." I commanded and walked out.

As we walked out I heard whispering but didn't pay any mind to it. The driver opened the door and I watched everyone get in before myself. I kept my eyes on my phone reading emails ignoring the tension in the car.

"So you are... her brothers?" Miles asked loudly.

Braxton scoffed, "Stepbrothers." He glared.

Very true.

"Don't you mean half brothers?" August glared back.

Also very true.

"No, I meant what I said." He growled.

Oh great, he's already getting mad.

Euterpe sat there with her normal cold blank face and I wanted to read her so badly. I remember the last time I saw her and she was nothing like this. It was a long time ago but I never thought she would change that much. My memories are filled with her little squeals, giggles, and smiles when we took care of her. It was something I would look back on during Christmas when I would see a random picture of her. It was either the one in the library or the secret picture I kept in my desk. I missed her but it was also not something I could waste time on. Not even her little temper tantrums.

*FLASHBACK*

"RYRY!" I heard a scream.

I panicked getting up off my bed but heard little feet stomping in my direction. Emory (Euterpe) opened the door with a red face and huffed walking to me.

"What's wrong my little enigma." I picked her up.

I only call her that because even now at only four years old this little one was mysterious. She would disappear and come back an hour later with a guilty little face. We never met her parents and she would never talk about them. She would talk about something called green780 but none of us knew what it was.

She was a mystery, she is a mystery.

She scowled, "Thornado won't help me catch a butterfly outside! He said I can't have one." She frowned.

I smiled at her nickname for Thorn, it was weird but we went along with it.

"I'll help you dove," Castriel came in.