Parenting

You were watching a paranormal tv show, while you waited for Mr and Miss Ham to return. It was an exciting episode, about one weird looking haunted house. You hoped this house would be haunted, but sadly it wasn't. Lando called you. And you Immediately answered the phone. You leaned against the pillows on the couch.
'Hey Lando!' You greeted him.
'How's babysitting?' He asked put his face mask back on place. 'Boring They only wanted to watch scary movies.' You murmured. He laughed. 'Speaking of scary stuff.' Lando said. He turned around the camera and pointed his phone down on the empty streets.  'To be honest, it just like a scene of the walking dead.'
'Oh yes it does!' You said.
He lifted his phone up and turned it around again. 'Is it cold down there in the Netherlands?' He asked.
'Yes! It's like 10°c!'

'Too bad, I can't keep your warm.' He said. 'Oop.' You replied.
'Yo Y/n!' Carlos said.
'Hey Carly.' You replied.
He laughed. 'Hope I'd see you again Y/n!? I also heard you'll pay a visit to the friendly Americans next month.'
'Yep.' You smiled.
Lando shared gazes with Carlos and you. 'Uhm wait what!?' He asked.
'You haven't heard? Max arranged something with the Americans. It'd be a sister and brother  quality time.' He explained shortly.

'Oh Well.' Lando said. 'I got to go. Love You.' He said.
'Bye.' You said. Lando hung up.
Finally they were home and gave you €200. You thanked them and went home.
———
Few days later: Sunday

You watched the race with father, Max was chasing down Lewis but then he ended up in the gravel with a flat tyre.
Father angrily hit the coffee table with his fist, 'no!' He shouted.
You fell silent next to him. He was furious, he didn't watch anymore. Max was of course furious too.
You felt sorry for Max, like Max felt sorry for you when you were sad.
Dad of course didn't notice that. Why would he? He didn't know much about you, he cared more about Max than you. But you were ok. With that. He gave you more privacy than Max ever had. But everyone's has a different way of parenting. So you didn't had to judge him for how he is.
When the race was over you sat on the couch.
'Dad?' You asked.
'What?' He replied. 'Is it ok. If I go to Monaco? So I can go to the other race?'
'Is school over?' He asked.
You nodded. 'Yes we've finished almost everything, we'll only have to study.
'Fine.' He said.
You smiled.
He did too.
'Max coming to pick you up?' He asked.
'No Charles.' You said.
'What are you two friends?'
'You already got a flight ticket?'
'Yes I got €200 from Mr and Mss Ham.'
'And they don't ask me to babysit?' Dad murmured.
You laughed and he did too. 'Ok.' He said.
'Be careful, he'll pick you up at the airport?' He asked.
You nodded.
'Ok then I'll bring you. When you leave?' He asked.
'Tomorrow.' You answered.
'You're staying a week ar Max's?'
You gave him a nod.

'You've already packed your stuff?' He asked.
'Yep.' You said. You went upstairs to your room. You closed the door behind you.