Chapter 41

It was a mere 15 minutes late before Louis returned to where Roman and Liam were stood by the fire, with not only his two bunkmates in tow but around 20 other camp attendees, along with Ben. The film had just finished playing when Louis ran past, Ben calling him over to see why he was running so fast, leading to Louis explaining, kind of out of breath with a bright red face and his hands on his hips that Roman had a brilliant idea of playing a game of capture the flag. Ben also thought this was a good idea and so encouraged everyone who has watching the film to play too. They all happily agreed, they hadn't really done all that much today and had some energy to burn off before bed. Also who in the world could deny such a cute little face as the one Louis pulled with the most endearing and captivating puppy dog eyes?

So now half of the camp were on the field split into two teams with a baseball cap balanced on top of large sticks found in the woods stuck into the ground. All of the players had little coloured napkins stuffed into belts to create a hybrid of capture the flag and tag rugby at Michaels request. Louis and his group along with a few others were on the red team and were currently huddled in a large circle, arms around each other and discussing tactics for their win. Well, actually Louis was currently being balanced on Calum's hip as there was no way he could reach his teammates shoulders but that was besides the point. 

A whistle sounding caught everyone's attention and it was soon time to play. "Red team! Ready?" Liam shouted, receiving cheers from said team.

"Yellow team! Ready?" Roman shouted, again receiving cheers. "On your marks! Get set..." a loud whistle blowing indicated the start of the game as everyone charged at the opposing team. 

The field was alive with playful screaming, cheering and laughing as everyone chased one another. Harry and a red head called Ed tackled each other to the ground and were rolling around on top of one another desperately trying to grab a hold of the others scarf. Niall was laughing hysterically at a boy named Lewis who seemed to be putting in quite the comedy performance at the expense of how out of breath he was from running a mere few meters. Ashton, Jade and Leigh-Anne were actually doing really well, having already captured a few of the yellow team's scarfs while Michael, Luke and Calum were now pouting on the sidelines, having had their red scarfs taken and therefore being illuminated from the game. 

Little Louis was having the time of his life, squeeling as he sprinted as fast as he could, swerving in and out of players from both teams. At first, the opposing team didn't really want to target Louis, literally everyone at the camp having fallen in love with him. Like, how couldn't you really? Even after one glance. But after they realised just how into the game he was and that he really could run quite fast and was almost at their pole, four members of the yellow team dived straight after him. Louis' agile and tiny body meant he could easily dodge a lot of lanky and uncoordinated limbs. He was breathing heavily but still had a wide smile on his face. As one body, Justin, went to cut across his path, Louis managed to swerve him whilst grabbing his yellow scarf from his belt, consequently pulling Justin out of the game. Louis giggled at the boy's reaction and carried on his zigzag running through the field. 

Before long, there were only a few members left on each team. It was down to Louis, Ashton and Jade against Shawn, Bebe and Taylor. The two older boys immediately went after one another and Jade tried to get the attention of both the other girls to give Louis a chance to grab the flag. The plan worked and Louis was soon jumping up and down with the yellow team's baseball cap proudly in his hand. He wore a face splitting grin as the whole red team ran up to him, lifting him up in the air and bouncing him on top of their shoulders, just like they had done after rock climbing. Louis was so happy and couldn't wait to tell his mummy all about it.