Chapter 8

Once Louis was all ready for bed, James led the lad over to his bed and lifted the boy onto his top bunk, deeming the young lad too tired to climb the ladder. James pulled back the covers and allowed the boy to settle down amongst his fluffy blanket and cuddly toys, Lucy-Dog placed protectively under his left armpit. James then pulled his phone put of his back pocket and dialled Jays number, following her request to speak to Louis before he went to sleep to find out how his first day went. After three rings, Jay picked up "James? Hiya hows Louis doing?" She asked, voice filled with worry that her son was struggling in a completely new environment without her.

"Hey Jay, Lou is doing good, pretty shattered after such a long day but eager to speak to his mummy still I reckon!" James replied, smiling at Louis as the boy had propped himself up on his elbows at the mention of his mother's name. James passed Louis his phone, motioning to the boy that he would be back in around 20 minutes after checking how the rounders game was going. Louis nodded his head and thanked the man for calling his mum and watching as James left the room and pulled the door to be open just the slightest.

"Hi baby!" Jay cooed.

"Mummy!" Louis squealed, very excited to hear his mum's voice.

"Hi darling, how are you doing?" Jay asked.

"I'm good thank you mummy. I'm very tired now though!" Louis replied.

"Mmm i bet!" Jay hummed "can you tell me how your first day went boobear? Make any nice friends?" Jay asked. Louis then went on to tell Jay about Liam and Zayn, Harry and Niall as well as what he has eaten that day and how they watched toy story 2. Jay just cooed at her son's cuteness, very happy and relaxed at the conformation that Louis had a strong support system already and was having fun at camp.

The pair continued talking for the next 15 minutes, well more Jay speaking and Louis occasionally humming in reply, too tired to form anything intelligible. His eyes soon began to close and he fished for the dummy that he had stored under his pillow earlier, lazily pushing it between his lips and snuggling closer to Lucy-Dog as he allowed the familiar feeling of sleep to enclose his boy, his mothers voice a simple lullaby in his ears. Jay soon noticed that her baby had fallen asleep from the adorable suckling noises the boy was making from his dummy and just listened to the all too familiar sound to reassure her own emotions as she too, was missing her usual snuggle buddy at night.

James soon entered the room, followed by a very sweaty Harry and Niall, back from the field as the rounders game had just drawn to a close. All three instantly let out a silent coo at the sight in front of them. Harry and Niall quickly gathered together their pyjamas and towels before retreating silently out of the bedroom towards the showers. James tiptoed towards Louis and gently removed his phone from the boy's hand. "Jay?" James whispered, swiping the hair that had fallen across Louis' forehead lovingly.

"James? Yeah hi" Jay replied

"I guess you figured out that Lou has fallen asleep already?" James chuckled quietly.

"Yeah" Jay replied, fond smile spread across her face. The pair then began to talk quietly about how Louis is settling in to the camp and how James would give her another call soon to update her on how Louis is doing and maybe have a more active conversation with her baby. It wasn't long before James was hanging up the phone and sliding it back into his back pocket. He then left the room and walked across the hall and knocking softly on Liam and Zayn's door, entering once receiving the ok.

"Hey boys. Just wanted to let you know Lou is asleep all tucked in." James said, taking a seat on the edge of Zayn's bed as the pair faced him, sat on Liam's bed. The pair nodded, fond smile on their face at the mention of the little boy. They then began to discuss how they feel Louis was settling into the camp and just how the overall running of the first day has gone. After around half an hour, James left to ensure that all of the attendees were alright and were heading to bed soon.

Harry and Niall soon entered the cabin, remembering to keep to keep the noise level to a minimum as Louis was asleep. The pair went to say their good nights to Liam and Zayn before retiring to their own beds for the night, not before taking one last longing look at their simply adorable bunk mate. It wasn't long before the entire summer camp was silent, completely worn out after such a long first day, excitement for the summer camp activities to begin blanketing their dreams.