Chapter 29

As soon as they reached the first aid room, Ben motioned for Harry to sit up on the medical bed they had in the room before gently placing Louis to sit between the older boy's legs, back resting against his chest. Harry cuddled the boy close, cooing in his ear as one hand carded his hair out of his face and the other rubbed soft circles on his tummy. Ben was quick to place a cold press against Louis' forearm, explaining to him that it needed to be cold in order to work its magic when the little one complained about its temperature.

Once Ben knew that Louis was beginning to get settled, listening to Harry explain how Santa lived in the North Pole because he needed the snow to make his magic extra powerful on Christmas Eve, and Louis' face instantly lighting up at the mention of the man; he sat himself down on one of the chairs and brought his radio out from his pocket. He was quick to radio James and tell him about Louis' accident, asking him to bring his comfort items to the first aid room, the other man immediately agreeing and setting off.

James was quick to enter the room, handing Louis Lucy-Dog and holding his tiny face between his two large hands, looking him in the eye as he asked if he was ok. "I'm ok now James, Ben's put magic on my arm to make it better" he softly spoke, cuddling further into Harry's chest as he brought his cuddly toy to rub against his cheek.

"That's good my angel, you had me really worried there!" James relied before pecking his tear-stained cheek and sending a wink to the curly headed boy in thanks, and going over to sit with Ben. The two men began to discuss in whispers about Louis' arm, not wanting to upset the small boy further by repeatedly mentioning it.

After another 5 minutes, Ben stood and started rummaging through the supply cupboard, quickly finding what he was looking for. He then walked over to Louis and took the cold press off of his arm, it doing the job of reducing the redness and numbing the pain a little. "Right baby, this is some magic cream that I need to put on your arm now to make it all better." He explained as he unscrewed the lid and squeezed a reasonably sized dollop onto his own fingers. He then took a hold of the boy's injured arm once more and began rubbing the cream into the friction-burnt skin where there was already a visible rope line.

"There we are, just like pixie dust Lou Lou, gunna make you all happy and new!" Harry whispered into his feathery hair from where Louis had cuddled completely into his frame, his head now trucked under his chin and breathing in his natural scent in comfort. Louis nodded as much as he could in return and Harry could feel the smile that made its way onto the boy's face. All three older smiled too at the sight, Harry rubbing up and down Louis' back whilst Ben and James cooed at the sight.

Soon, it became time for lunch, so James crouched down and picked Louis up from Harry's grip. The little one whined slightly at first, annoyed that he had been taken out of his warm and comfortable snuggle with Harry; however, James was quick to shush him and position his small body to cuddle into his chest. Louis settled instantly in the new hold, a content sigh leaving his lips as Ben handed Louis Lucy-Dog, the soft fur rubbing against his cheek. Harry then stood off the medical bed and placed a peck to Louis' forehead before Ben swung an arm over his shoulder and began walking them out of the building, James and Louis hot on their tail. 

"Let's go get some nummies baby, it's cheesy and tomato toasties today!" James told the little lad as they entered the mess hall. James went straight for their quiet table in the corner of the room whilst Ben and Harry went to collect all four of their lunches. 

"Nooo, 'm comfy" Louis whispered out his whine when James moved him to sit on his lap properly. James again calmed him down quickly, pressing kisses to his hair and rubbing his tummy in circles slightly. 

"Here we go then babes, ready for some lunch?" Ben asked as him and Harry joined them at the table, setting the food and drinks down. Louis nodded and placed Lucy-Dog on the table beside him so that he didn't spill anything onto her, just like his mummy had always taught him. James smiled at the gesture, glad he didn't have to have that argument with the little boy before he pulled one of the plates closer towards him and began cutting the toastie into four equal squares. 

Harry then squirted a dollop of ketchup onto Louis' plate, knowing that the small boy liked to dip a lot of his food into the sauce; Louis saying a quiet "thank you Hazzy" in return. Thankfully, this time Louis decided that he was going to feed himself as he could see that everyone else was wanting to eat their lunch too, plus it was just finger food so he didn't have to deal with the heavy metal cutlery like usual. 

However, when it came to having a drink, Louis forgot that he wasn't using his usual plastic cup and accidentally dropped his drink in the glass on the floor, not expecting its weight. It landed with a loud crash and shattered into lots of pieces. Louis instantly started getting upset again, never one for linking loud noises and now he was a little scared that everyone would be angry  at him for breaking a glass and making a big mess. James was quick to pull Louis around and cuddle him up to his chest while Harry looked over his bare legs to see if he had been cut at all by any of the flying shards of glass. Thankfully, he hadn't and had just simply got Liam's t-shirt wet from the juice. 

Ben was quick to get up and find a dust pan and brush to clear the floor with before anyone could accidentally step on any of the glass. Once that was all cleared away, James stood and beckoned to Harry to follow him, who did instantly, knowing that Louis had a great attachment to him and would want comfort from him. 

"Oh babes, were not having that good of a morning now are we honey?" James cooed as he and Harry walked Louis back to their cabin. The small boy just shook his head pitifully and sniffled once again, really not enjoying being so upset after he had a lovely morning.