Chapter 17

The next morning, Louis was awoken by Liam softly carding one of his hands through his hair, the other gently rubbing up and down his small arm. Louis opened his eyes slowly and smiled softly behind his dummy when his eyes met the puppy-like ones of the man crouched down beside him. "Hey babes, its time to wake up now" Liam whispered softly. Louis nodded and began to try and sit up only to be held down tightly by the arm Zayn had flung over him, his back still pressed fully against his larger torso. Liam carefully lifted Zayn's arm high enough for Louis to wiggle out from underneath before the arm was lowered back around a pillow, so as to not disturb Zayn. "Thought me and you could have a little fun waking Zayn up! He's never a morning person." Liam whispered, a mischievous smile adoring his face. Louis giggled softly and nodded. Liam brought the whipped cream he had stolen from the kitchen earlier out from behind a picture frame on his bedside table and handed it to Louis, instructing the small lad to squirt it in Zayn's hand. Once that was done, Liam started lightly grazing his hand over one of Zayn's cheeks to tickle him. Louis watched on in fascination and anticipation, with both of his small hands covering his mouth to stop the giggles falling from it. Slowly, Zayn started to twitch his face before the hand that was covered in whipped cream came towards his face and smeared whipped cream all over it. The pair burst out laughing, Louis' dummy falling on the floor as Liam clutched his stomach from cackling so hard at the sight. Zayn began to groan loudly at his interrupted sleep and sat up in the bed, trying to wipe the cream off of his face. Zayn sent a glare towards Liam and Louis before they both ran out of the room to fetch Harry and Niall to see the hilarious sight of Zayn. 

"Hazzy, Nialler! Quick come see Zayn's face!" Louis screamed as he barged into the room. Harry, who at that moment in time was trying to put his jeans on, fell on the ground but quickly got back up and ran into the other room, following Niall who had shot out of the room after the words 'whipped cream' came from Liam's mouth. Now, all four of them were stood in front of Zayn's bed, laughing their arses off. Zayn grumbled about getting them all back for this as he stomped his way over to the bathroom to wash his face. 

Throughout breakfast, Louis couldn't contain his laughter as he told the story of how he and Liam pranked Zayn to everyone on his table. The four Aussie boys were giving each other playful looks as they quickly decided to have their own cabin prank war whilst Leigh-Anne, Jade and Jesy all cooed at how adorable Louis was being between their laughs. Perrie was in a fit of giggles, clutching her stomach and wheezing at one point when she turned to see that Zayn was glaring at her. 

The groups first activity that morning was canoeing which was lead by Roman. He was a really friendly and funny young man with brown fluffy hair and made everyone feel very comfortable and excited instantly. Everyone was given life vests to wear on to of their wet suits, with Louis again given a child's one (his life vest yellow instead of everyone else's red ones so Roman could easily spot him amongst the group when in the water). Everyone was then given instructions by Roman on how to coordinate the canoe before they were all given one at let loose on the water. Michael had helped Louis push his canoe into the water as it was rather heavy and then both him and Calum held the canoe stable whilst the small boy climbed inside. It wasn't long before everyone was out in the water and having a very fun time. 

Louis was struggling to coordinate the canoe as the paddle was very heavy and actually taller than him stood up. Because of this, when it came time for the races, Roman had Louis stay at the finish line so he could determine who the winner was. Louis was perfectly happy it's this arrangement as his arms were growing very tired already. After three races, Ashton winning twice and Jade winning once, everyone started to get rowdy. It wasn't long before everyone was soaked, splashing eachother with water by flicking their paddles at them. A couple times canoes were flipped upside down and the person would immediately bob up in the water from their life jacked, squirting the water from their mouths that they had accidentally swallowed when their mouth was open form screaming at being flipped over. When Roman saw that Louis came close to being accidentally flipped over (as no one in the group would purposely flip his canoe over), he pushed his canoe over to the small boys and effortlessly picked him up and placed him on his lap. Louis silently loved this as he was beginning to get a little scared that he would fall into the water. Together, he and Roman splashed the rest of the group, Louis just using his hands as the paddle was just too heavy and giggling uncontrollably. 

Eventually it was time to get out of the water and everyone was a mixture between relieved as they were exhausted and upset as they were having so much fun. The entire group was soaking head to toe and were all thankful of the camps rule that if you have a water based activity first, your second activity is free time where you can shower and just relax. So once everyone had dried off and changed into clean clothes for the rest of the day, they all gathered again on the field for their snacks. Roman and James brought everyone out large bottles of water to go with their slices of watermelon and packets of crisps. All of the camp attendees gobbled their snacks down quickly and chugged their water, all needing an energy boost after canoeing. "Well I'd say that canoeing was a great success then" Roman chuckled, looking down at the group all spread out on the field in a pile. James chuckled in agreement. 

"Well you've got another two hours before lunch so fell free to entertain yourselves guys." James spoke to the group, receiving nods and thumbs up from the shattered group before he and Roman made their way back to the mess hall. Louis was currently laying down on his back, his head resting on Jade's lap as she was twisting small lockets of his hair around her fingers mindlessly. The entire group lay on the ground for another 20 minutes in almost complete silence as they just tried to get their energy back. Eventually though, they all decided that they wanted to play a game to pass the time and after some ideas being thrown back and forth, they decided on playing hide and seek as everyone wanted to explore the site a little more. Niall and Calum were selected to be the seekers and everyone soon dashed off to find their hiding spaces.