Chapter 18

Louis was running for around two minutes and soon found himself alongside a large bush. An idea popped into his head immediately and he quickly took off his shoes, placing them under the bush so the toes peeked out ever so slightly, tricking the seekers into thinking he was inside the bush. Then, he took off running again. The small boy soon found himself in the arts and crafts room from yesterday. He found the large boxes of materials stacked in the corner and managed to squeeze himself in between the boxes and the wall, hiding himself completely. Louis knew he was going to be one of the last people to be found as this was a really good hiding spot so he decided to make himself comfortable and kept himself occupied with a colouring in book he found and a small selection of felt tip pens. After completing 5 whole colouring pages, Louis began to get very bored, wondering how long it would take for him to be found. He also began to feel the repercussions of downing his entire water bottle, which was definitely not a good thing for his small bladder to try and control. Surely nearly everyone else had been found by now? 

Niall and Calum had successfully found everyone in the group except Michael and Louis, pretty much everyone else all hiding in the woods. So now the large group were all on the hunt for the missing two. "Look Ni, under the bush!" Ashton whispered in Niall's ear, pointing to Louis' shoes that were sticking out slightly. The group all whispered their findings to each other, making a plan to act as if they didn't know they were there before all shouting 'got ya'. And it was the perfect plan, only Louis wasn't actually hiding in the bush. So as Harry and Calum pulled the bush open whilst the whole group cheered, everyone suddenly had a very confused look on their face. 

"Do you think that cheeky monkey planned this?" Leigh-Anne asked the group, picking up Louis' shoes. 

"Yeah, he's a clever little thing isn't he?" Luke replied fondly, the whole group replacing their confused looks for fond smiles at the thought of the small boy being so cunning. The group continued to search for the two missing boys and they eventually found Michael hiding under the stairs leading to the mess hall. Now all they had to do was find Louis. When the group first started the game, they thought Louis would have been the first to be found, not being that great at hiding, much like a small child. However that thought soon washed away after discovering his very clever plan and remembering just how small he is, realising that he could hide practically anywhere. After another 15 whole minutes of the entire group searching for the small boy, they began to get worried that they couldn't find him. They had literally searched the entirety of the woods, behind all of the bunk cabins and even in the mess hall and kitchen. They were quickly running out of ideas of where to look for Louis. 

"Why don't we try where we've been before, he probably wouldn't have liked to wonder off somewhere unknown." Jade suggested and everyone agreed. They began their search over by the rock climbing wall they were at yesterday and quickly drew a blank. They then went over to the lake to see if Louis had gone back there from canoeing earlier. Unfortunately, the group again drew a blank and we're beginning to become panicked. Roman saw the group wandering around with concerned looks on their faces and went to ask them what was wrong immediately. Niall quickly explained that they were playing hide and seek and that they none of them had seen Louis in over an hour. Roman was instantly concerned too and went to find James to inform him of the situation while the rest of the group continued the search for the small boy. 

Meanwhile, Louis suddenly jumped, hearing a load bang from across the room. He involuntarily let out a whimper at being scared and hugged himself into a small fetus position, instantly sticking his thumb in his mouth for comfort. He knew whatever made the noise couldn't be that bad, and was probably Niall and Calum looking for him but because he couldn't see past the boxes he didn't want to risk it. Soon, a large shadow was casted over his body and he slowly looked up to find a man, about the same age as Liam and Zayn crouching down to him with a soft smile on his face. "Hey, Louis right?" The man asked softly. Louis only nodded his head in return, not able to find his voice as he was still scared and also not wanting to remove his thumb from his mouth as it was providing him a small bit of comfort. "I'm Nick, one of the leaders at the camp, James and Ben have told me a little bit about you. Do you wanna come out from behind those boxes buddy, it cant be all that comfortable in there?" He asked kindly, stretching out his hand in an offer to help the boy up. Louis took his hand hesitantly, deciding that Nick did seem very friendly and slowly made his way out from behind the boxes. It was when Louis was fully stood up and had taken a few deep breaths that he noticed the wet feeling around his crotch and bum and whimpered yet again, letting a few small tears roll down his face. Nick was instantly on his knees in front of him, eye level and asking what was wrong. When Louis only continued to cry he looked down and noticed the wet patch on the boy's crotch. "Oh buddy its ok!" He cooed, bringing Louis in for a comforting hug. 

"'M sorry" Louis hiccuped, returning the hug with one arm as his thumb with still in his mouth. Nick just continued to reassure the boy that he was ok and that the loud bang would be enough to make anyone have an accident if they hadn't been to the toilet in a while. After another 5 minutes of cooing, Louis was still crying so Nick decided to pick the boy up and place him on his hip, wanting to get him to the bathroom before he developed a rash. The man wasn't concerned over the fact that Louis' wet crotch was pressed against his t-shirt, it could easily be cleaned up and Louis obviously needed the comfort right now, as well as not wearing any shoes so he didn't want Louis stepping on anything sharp and hurting himself. 

The pair had just finished cleaning up in the bathroom, with both of them now changed into clean clothes when Louis' group spotted them making their way towards the mess hall for lunch, holding hands as Louis was still a little shaken over having an accident during the day time. They all began running towards Louis, Harry getting there first and scooping the boy up quickly into his arms, holding him tightly to his chest and kissing the side of his head. Everyone was then surrounding Louis and asking him if he was ok and where he was hiding. Louis was beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed and stuck his head in Harry's neck. Nick noticed this so decided to speak for the boy. "He's alright guys, he was hiding in the arts and crafts room behind a bunch of boxes, it was actually one of the best hiding places I've ever seen." Nick explained, deciding to save Louis from bringing up the details of his accident. 

"Wow buddy, you really are good at this game!" Niall praised, also planting a kiss to the small boy's temple as he was just so relived that they had finally found Louis. The rest of the group continued to congratulate Louis on winning the game and praising him on his clever tactic with the shoes, which Jade had slid back onto his feet while Harry continued to hold him to his chest, not wanting to let him go just yet. "Right its definitely time for lunch now, I'm starving!" Niall claimed, taking the boy from Harry, which caused a pout and slight whine from the curly lad, and placing him on his own hip and began marching rather quickly towards the mess hall. Louis giggled at this, now in a much better mood after seeing his friends, while the rest of the group chuckled and shook their heads at his antics before following the Irish man to the mess hall for lunch.