Chapter 43

The two leaders then made their way back to the cabin, trying to calm Louis down as they could tell he was still a little hyper from the sugar even if he was acting a little mellow after his scolding from the lads. They decided that putting Louis in his pyjamas now might help to settle him down and make him more relaxed ready for bed time soon. "Come on then Lou Lou, lets get your jimjams on poppet" Liam called softly from where he had just unfolded the little ones pyjamas from his drawer. Louis rolled off of Harry's bed where he had been laying down, back on the mattress and legs in the air, little toes trying to reach the bars of the top bunk. He landed with a soft thud, seeing as it wasn't that high off of the ground and he landed of the soft rug. Liam ever so slightly rolled his eyes at Louis. Yes the act was incredibly adorable and just Louis down to a t, but it only shows just how full of energy Louis still was. It's been an incredibly hectic week and Liam was really hopping for it not to be a long night.

Louis plonked himself down on Niall's bed after taking the pyjamas and pull-up from Liam and began changing whilst Liam busied himself rearranging the pillows in Harry's bed that Louis had misplaced during his weird acrobatics game. Liam then picked up the new Moana dummy that Louis had brought that morning with James, clipping the string to his pyjama top as he was sure that if Louis had a dummy, he would become more sleepy. After, Liam took Louis by the hand, and guided the little one who was skipping and practically pulling Liam's arm on every bouncing step, towards the bathroom to brush his teeth and go to the toilet. 

"C'mere sweetie, I need to wash all that sticky stuff from your face" Liam cooed, beckoning Louis from where he was stood at the sink holding wet a wash cloth. Louis pulled a face of disgusts at the sight of the flannel, knowing all to well what that means. Liam just chuckled at the boy who was squirming and whining underneath him, trying his best to be as quick but gentle with the process.

When Liam finally announced he was done, Louis took a step back form the leader, nose all scrunched up in distaste for what he had just been through. Liam simply rolled his eyes at how dramatic the little one was being, ruffling his a feathery hair as he handed him the Spider-Man toothbrush loaded with Colgate. Louis then proceeded to brush his teeth whilst bouncing on his feet and humming little tunes to himself, leaning his head side to side and pulling funny faces in the mirror at himself, making him giggle. That ended very poorly for his pyjama top that now had a large toothpaste stain down it after a large giggle caused toothpaste foam bubble out of his mouth and down his chin, falling onto his chest and the floor. Liam had sighed, getting the wash cloth wet under the warm tap again and trying to make the best cleaning job of the pyjamas but in the end gave up, knowing Louis wasn't phased by it one bit.

Once the two were all finished up with Louis night time routine in the bathroom, they headed back out onto the field where Zayn had told them everyone was. Liam had reached down and tried to place the dummy in Louis' mouth, praying the little one took to it and began to feel sleepy. The older lad had no such luck tho as Louis took only a few gently sucks before spiting it back out, not even looking at it as it fell from his mouth and bounced against his chest a couple times where it swung on the beaded string. Although Louis always loved having a dummy, he was just too energised to be able to cool down and allow his mouth to gently suckle away at the comforting plastic.

Just like a few nights before, everyone was gathered around the large bonfire, all situated comfortably on wooden logs and deck chairs with fluffy blankets thrown over their laps or shoulders as they chatted animatedly amongst themselves. "There's Hazzy and Nini, look Lili!" Louis called, pointing with his finger where the two teens were chatting with a few other boys by the fire. 

Liam looked over and nodded, about to respond to the boy before Louis took of running through the field towards his best friends. He sprinted his way until he reached the mini group, only coming to a full stop when Shawn reached down to wrap his arms around Louis' waste, lifting his feet up form the ground a little before pulling him back against his chest, feet dangling off the ground at the height difference. It was a much needed move as at the speed Louis was going, he quite literally could have ran through the flames of the fire.