Chapter 19

As soon as Niall entered the mess hall, Louis still on his hip with one of his small hands playing with the collar of his white polo top, the pair jumped in fright at the sudden shout from James. The man was dashing towards the pair and hastily took Louis into his own arms, Liam and Zayn hot on his trail. "Oh my god little one! You scared us all half to death!" James said as he landed several pecks to the little boy's cheek and squished him tightly to his chest. Nick then entered the mess hall with the rest of the group and ushered Niall to line up to collect his and Louis' food whilst he informed James, Zayn and Liam what happened. The group of four went and sat in a private corner and all sat around a small table. Liam and Zayn both kissed the small boy on the hair and gave him a sideways hug from where he was perched on James' hip before they sat down. They were all just so relieved that Louis had been found safe. Nick began to tell the other three how he found Louis, being sure to whisper the part about having an accident, which caused the small boy to blush and turn to straddle James' lap, pressing their torsos flushed together in a tights hug and stuffing his head in the man's neck. James just wrapped hIs arms around Louis tighter and rested one of his large palms over the back of his head lovingly. After another 5 minutes of strong cuddles from all three adults, Louis was carried over to the table where the rest of his group were waiting by Liam, and set in between Harry and Luke, Niall sliding his lunch tray over to him. 

The group's final activity for the day was to be going on a Segway tour through the woods. It was to be led by Liam and Jesy, which the group were very happy about, knowing they were going to have a lot of fun with them two leading. The group all dispersed into the bathroom block to use the toilet before their long adventure as they knew they wouldn't be able to go whilst on the trial in the woods. The group then made their way over to the entryway of the woods where their schedule told them to meet. Louis was holding both Jade and Leigh-Anne's hands, following behind all of the boys in the group who were running after each other, trying to pull one another's trousers down or flick water at them from where they hadn't dried their hands off after washing them. It was actually quite a funny sight and the trio giggled occasionally when someone was got. "I think were the most mature ones in the group!" Jade chuckled and the other two nodded their heads in agreement as Niall's trousers were pulled down by Ashton, the Irish one subtly trying to give him the middle finger without Louis seeing, which thankfully he didn't, too distracted by Harry and Luke who were now rolling around on the floor, both having fallen over when trying to take the others trousers down. 

Eventually, after many more belly-hurting shenanigans, the group made it to the entry of the woods, where Liam and Jesy stood next to the Segways and safety equipment, also laughing as they had seen what the group was doing from across the field. Everyone was a little out of breath and had rosy cheeks from what had just happened. Liam and Jesy helped everyone to select helmets, knee and elbow pads (with of course Louis having the child's one as per usual and ha bright red helmet to stick out amongst everyone else's plan black ones). The pair gave a quick briefing on how to work the Segway and it wasn't long before everyone was on their way, zooming through the trees with wide smiles on their faces. Liam was leading up the front, with Niall hot on his tail, the boy being a natural and seriously in love with the Segway, claiming that he was going to save up to buy himself one when he got back home. The Aussies were next in the line, occasionally battling to overtake each other and laughing hysterically when they did. The two girls were next, trying to go alongside each other and hold hands, finding steering the Segway one-handed incredibly difficult and almost driving into each other on multiple occasions. Harry had decided to hang back with Louis, the smaller boy seeming a bit hesitant with the Segway as the handle bars came up to just below his neck, instead of his waist where it hit everyone else; meaning steering was a little more tricky for him. The curly lad was offering very supportive words of encouragement every time he saw Louis struggling slightly, making him smile and want to continue on the Segway. Lastly in the line was Jesy, who was keeping a close eye on what everyone was doing in front of her and making sure Louis didn't loose the group by going too slow. 

After another hour and a half of Segway fun through the woods, the group made their way back to the clearing. They were a little disheartened that their fun had to end but their spirits were immediately lifted when Jesy reminded them that it was taco night for dinner. Everyone raced to get their equipment off and make it to the mess hall, all very eager to try the camp's famous tacos. Louis struggled to keep up with the rest of the group as although he was very fast, he still had very little legs in comparison to everyone else and he was also now becoming very tired. Liam and Jesy both noticed this so held a hand each of the small boy's and led him at a more reasonable pace to the mess hall for dinner. 

Once they arrived, the rest of the group had already sat down and began tucking into their food greedily, Harry motioned to Louis that he had got a plate for the boy as well which Louis gave a quiet thanks to as he sat next to Jade and Michael. Louis soon realised that the rest of his group were right about their loud shouts towards the kitchen for how amazing the tacos were and was quick to finish his plate, laughing when Niall and Calum were denied thirds by the kitchen staff.