Chapter 40

When Louis arrived at their group's table with Liam and Zayn in tow, he found himself plonking down on Michael's lap when the lad had made a beckoning motion with his hands. Louis shuffled back slightly, making himself comfortable before tilting his head up and locking eyes with the lad above him. Both grinned at each other as Micheal reached around and locked his fingers together from where his arms were holding Louis securely in place in his lap. Louis then proceeded to greet all of his friends at the table with a small hello and adorable little smile before they all kicked off into animated conversations. 

Just a couple minutes later, Louis found a plate of watermelon slices and a handful of grapes inform of him, curtesy of Liam and began digging in as the rest of the group continued to munch through their raps and sandwiches. Louis was very much content chewing though his exceptionally juicy watermelon slices, making a show of trying to hold the green skin smile shapes in his mouth, making his eyes bug out and cross over. Everyone at the table laughed at the sight, it was so adorable. Even James looked over at the group after hearing their giggles and coos, chuckling at the sight but also rolling his eyes in fondness as he noticed how red Louis face and t-shirt was from the watermelon juice. 

Once Ashton has finished his lunch, he decided to grab one of Louis' grapes and chuck it in the air before tilting his head back, mouth wide open and catching in between his teeth. Louis gasped, amazed at the stunt as he clapped his very sticking and red-tinged little fingers together. 

Louis did try and attempt the trick on his own but just ended up with the grapes either falling flat on his face, on top on Michael's head, to witch he received a teasing tickle to his sides from the red-haired lad, or on the floor. It was then that Zayn decided to step in, taking Louis off of Michael's lap and placing on his own instead where he had now sat between Niall and Jade. "Come here you little rascal!" Zayn chuckled, initially bending down to place a kiss on the boy's cheek but thinking better of it and pulling away once he saw just how sticky the little one's face looked; now just settling for a simple hair ruffle.

 Louis giggled delightfully as Zayn began hand feeding him his grapes. He felt like one of those Greek gods ion the telly. "Thank you my slave" he squeaked out, incredibly cheeky look on his face.

"I'm getting jealous over here!" Harry murmured in a deep voice, sending a frown in the pair's direction. Louis laughed loudly at this, throwing his head back and nearly knocking his skull against Zayn's chin, which the man skilfully dodged. 

"Shut up, peasant!" Niall chucked, reaching over and grabbing a grape that had fallen onto the table before throwing it directly at the curly lad. 

Harry dodged said bullet with a long drawn out "heeeyyy" and an exaggerated look of offence on his face. 

"Alright, alright! I think thats enough of trashing the mess hall for today" Liam chuckled as he walked over to the group having sensed Zayn's slight panic over the group's rowdiness. However, he couldn't exactly blame them, that morning had been rather heavy a with the seminar talks they all had to do. 

The group pouted at Zayn and Liam, all trying to use their charm and cuteness to win the leaders over. This hope was soon abolished however when Liam explained that "Louis is the only one here cute enough to pull that look off" which of course, Louis beamed proudly at. 

The little one's smile was soon taken away too however when Liam came back over and started attacking his face and neck with a wet wipe whilst Zayn tried to clean his hands with several more. The small boy squirmed in his position on Zayn's lap, pulling his face away from Liam's attack, having always hated getting his face cleaned. Eventually though, with the help of Niall holding Louis still lightly, and a gentle "keep still please baby boo" from Harry, the boy was fully clean minus the slight stickiness of his shirt where some watermelon juice had dribbled down his chin and neck. That issue was soon fixed too though when Harry and Niall took Louis back to their cabin and helped him to change his shirt.

The rest of the day continued peacefully after lunch. The groups didn't have a final activity for the day as the seminar sessions that morning has been rather heavy and the leaders thought they deserved a bit of a break. Besides, it was Friday and so very close to the weekend. The week had seemed to go by so quickly for both the camp attendees and the leaders yet it also felt as if they had been here forever. The cabins had a familiarity to them, kinda like a second home and everyone had already made such strong relationships with one another. All in all, nobody could wait for the rest of the summer camp, they just loved it here.

During their free time, all of the camp attendees sort of did they own thing. A load of the girls went into one cabin and had a sort of pamper night with face masks, nail painting and gossiping. A large group borrowed the camps projector and with Bens help, were able to set up a film to watch against the side of the mess hall with popcorn and fluffy blankets, which defiantly weren't used to hide behind when the scary parts were played.

Louis obviously couldn't watch the film and he didn't much fancy the idea of gossiping with all of the teenage girls either and so found himself walking over to where Liam was stood with Roman around a small campfire, claiming his boredom. "You're bored little one?" Liam said in exasperation. He was a true nature kid at heart, the Boy Scout part never quite leaving him, and so was baffled how such an imaginative little child such as Louis could be bored in such an entertainment-rich environment. Louis simply nodded his head at Liam, looking between the two leaders, waiting for them to give him suggestions for what he could do.

"Well where are your little shadows right now?" Roman asked, referring to Harry and Niall who usually didn't leave the little ones side. It's like they were addicted to his little giggles and never wanted to miss him being cute.

"They're both on the phones to their families" Louis replied, knowing all too well who Roman was referring too but he loved that he was hardly ever left alone. Especially with those two as his company, he could never stop giggling and basked in the endless cuddles they supplied.

"Oh, well when they're finished how about we set a game up then, honey? Like capture the flag or something maybe, get some energy out so you can crash properly tonight?" Roman suggested and Louis' eyes lit up at the idea. He'd never played capture the flag before but it sounded very fun and he was pretty much up for any form of entertainment right now.

"Yes yes yes! That sounds good Ro!" Louis cheered, bouncing on his feet a little and raising both his hands up for a high 10. Roman complied, but raising his high enough so Lois had to jump to reach them. The little one landed quite the slap against the man's hands, causing him to pull of an incredibly over dramatic wince and pull his hands up to his face as if inspecting the damage. Louis and Liam both laughed at the man before Louis was running away towards his cabin, shouting over his shoulder "gonna get Hazzie and Nini!" The two leaders chuckled at his crazy and adorable antics and just stood by the fire, watching his little legs sprinting away across the field.