Chapter 4

Liam and Zayn's room had two double beds, each with matching side tables and a small walk in wardrobe. There was also a large tv on one of the walls and what looked like a games console attached. Louis didn't think a cabin at summer camp would have a tv as that kind of defeats the purpose of being out in nature but he supposes that this is the leader room and they don't do all of the camp activities. Also lets not forget that this is England and it does rain a hell of a lot so Louis is glad that there will be some form of entertainment on those classic British summer rainy days.

"Whatcha think bud?" Liam asked from behind Louis.

"S'nice Li" Louis replied with a slight blush.

"Ooooh are we on nickname basis already little Lou?" Liam chuckled. Louis' blush darker crimson at this.

"S-sorry Zayn called you that earlier, s-so I thought it was a-alright" Louis stuttered. Liam simply replied before assuring the small boy that it was alright and that they would have to get nicknames for the rest of the lads later.

Just then, James walked into the room, followed by Zayn, Niall and Harry. "Ah sick! You lads have a tv, nice" Harry exclaimed, followed by a pouty Niall mumbling under his breath how he wanted a double bed too. Louis giggled at Niall which cause him to send a playful glare towards the youngest boy. "Oh yeah, well i will be the one giggling when you get swamped in farts during the night, heat rises you know so you might want to put a clothes peg on your nose if what i just smelt Hazza release in the toilet is anything to go by!" Louis' smile was instantly swiped off his face and replaced with a grimace and Harry playfully slapped Naill's arm, proclaiming that it was an unfair judgement as he had a curry for tea last night as his goodbye meal with his family.

"Moving swiftly on!" James said loudly, not wanting to hear anymore about Harry's bowls "just came to see how your doing Lou, told you I'd be here within the hour, never break my promises."

"G-good thanks" Louis smiled shyly

"That's good to here, listen i wanted to show you where my office and cabin is, just so you know everything, just incase, alright buddy?"

"Yep, are we going now?" Louis asked.

"If that's alright with you little man" Louis looked up to Liam who nodded his head as conformation before James was leading Louis back out and across the field.

Once the remaining four were sure that Louis and James were gone, Zayn spoke up. "So how you lads settling in, all good?"

"Yeah wicked thanks" Harry replied with Niall nodding his head in agreement. They all soon fell onto the two double beds in the room, harry and Niall on one and Zayn and Liam on the other, facing each other as conversation flowed over the different activities they were all excited to do and how much they already are enjoying their time here. Their conversation soon fell upon the subject of Louis. "He seems like such a cute little boy!" Harry exclaimed "didn't expect him to be a camp mate though, i thought this was more aimed for 18-21 year olds, he barely seems 12, i mean no offence but yeah, he's just tiny" Harry rumbled at the end.

"He's 14 but yeah, absolutely tiny i agree Harry. I don't know too much about him yet, James was going to fill me and Z in with the details about him later but i do know he had to go somewhere as his mum is away for work during the summer and he doesn't he doesn't have any other family, so James made an accepting as he knows the pair already and here Louis is" Liam finished. Harry and Niall both nodded their heads at this information before sharing questioning looks. Eventually both nodded in a silent agreement before Harry cleared his throat awkwardly, preparing to speak again.

"Look I know its not really any of my business and stuff, but me and Niall just thought you should know as you are the leaders and i think Louis may be a little dependent of you both but uh... me and Niall kinda saw something earlier and err... well basically we saw that he was wearing a nappy, or pull up thing, whatever you cal it" Harry finally finished, releasing a shaky break with rosy cheeks from embarrassment. Liam and Zayn's eyebrows both raised at this new information, glancing nervously at each other, not quite sure how to handle the situation. In the end they both made a silent agreement to discuss this with James later before turning back to the other two boys who had been looking on rather sheepishly, for that was quite private information to tell, but they thought it was necessary for them to know.

"Um right, um thanks for telling us boys, that might save a bit of a situation from happening later, but hopefully nothing will!" Zayn exclaimed, with all three nodding. The boys then went on to change the subject to something a little more lighthearted and a lot less embarrassing for all of them.

Meanwhile , James and Louis has just made it to the other side of the field, where James again pointed out the mess hall from before, just to ensure Louis remembered where it was before further proceeding in the direction of James' private cabin. James opened the door and ushered aLouis in before him, shutting the door behind them to keep all of the insects out. "Take a seat Lou, buddy" James said, pointing towards the large brown leather couch opposite a small log burner. Louis slowly sat down, looking around what appeared to be a lounge room. James sat next to Louis and slung an arm around the boys shoulder, pulling him in for a side hug. Louis snuggled into the mans embrace, suddenly feeling overwhelmed yet again as the warmth reminded him of his mother. Louis slowly began to let tears roll down his face silently as he thought about how painful it will be to spend three entire months without his world. James soon noticed and picked Louis up from his armpits, plopping him gently onto his lap so that he was straddling his legs. Louis buried his head in James neck at let himself become completely overwhelmed with emotions as he sobbed into James. The man simply rubbed soothing circles over Louis' back with one hand whilst the other carded fingers through the back of the distressed boy's hair, holding his head in place much like you would a newborn infant. "Shh Lou, shh baby, let it all out, i know it must be pretty hard being in a new place without your mummy, huh my darling?" James cooed continuously.

Louis continued to cry into James for half an hour before eventually he began to tire himself out and slowly his was reduced to sniffles. As James gently pulled the body out from his neck, he noticed that Louis had stuck his thumb in his mouth in a way to provide some comfort to himself. James cooed at this before slowly pulling the boy's thumb out of his mouth. "That's dirty bubba, your thumbs not clean for your to put in your mouth sweat heart" James said softly. This caused Louis to whine in response. James stood up with Louis' legs wrapped around his waste and shifted the boy to his hip. He then used the pad of his thumb to wipe away the tears from the boys cheek and began to exit the cabin, making his way to Louis' cabin to fetch a dummy for him (Jay having already mentioned them being a comfort item for him in one of their many phone calls), carrying him like a child across the field. Luckily most of the campmates were still unpacking, or getting to know their bunkies so there weren't that many around to witness Louis being carried in this way. By the time the pair had reached Louis' cabin, the boy had calmed down enough to the point where James was going to miss the idea of giving him a dummy and simply settling him with the other boys in the cabin in an attempt to cheer him up.

"Hey James, heya Lou!" Liam exclaimed as he saw the pair enter his and Zayn's room. This caused Harry and Niall to turn around and face the pair also, with all four boys outwardly cooing at the sight of Louis looking so small in James' arms and his quite evident tear tracks that they all made a silent vow not to bring up and distress the boy further.

"Sup boys, mind if we join you?" James asked.

"No not at all, we were just discussing what we were all going to have for lunch" Niall answered.

"Yeah we just spent what feels like hours chatting about food, I reckon Niall is pretty much obsessed with it" Zayn joked earning a playful glare from Niall.

"Yeah well at least I'm obsession with something that will keep me alive, graffiti is no where near as good obsession" Niall boasts. The banter continues to flow, cheering Louis up immensely and allowing a small smile to remain etched onto his face as he sat sideways on James' lap, watching his bunk mates interact.

Soon, James was looking at his watch and announcing that it was time he, Zayn and Liam went to help set up lunch for all of the camp attendees; leaving Harry and Niall with Louis, who has been placed carefully next to Harry on the side of the bed, legs swinging lightly as his feet don't reach the floor.

"So what do you want to do while we wait for lunch boys, any ideas Lou?"

Louis simply shrugged so Niall suggested going black into their shared room to play one of the bored games they had seen of the coffee table. They ended up choosing to play snakes and ladders as there wasn't much time left and the older two weren't sure if Louis know how to play the older-aged games.

Louis ended up winning the game which caused a rather large smile to spread across his face, making the older two also light up at the pure joy seen on the boys face. He honestly looked like the sunshine. Once they packed away their games play the three began their journey to the mess hall for lunch.