Chapter 23

Louis quickly decided that he was feeling particularly babyish this morning and so when he and Zayn finally reached their cabin, he didn't let go of the older man's hand like expected and instead pulled him into his room. Louis then sat down on the end of Niall's unmade bed and looked up at Zayn with the cutest puppy dog eyes he could muster. "Can you pick out my clothes for today please Zaynie?" Louis' voice was sweet as honey and who was Zayn to not comply to the cutest little thing he had ever seen? So Zayn placed a quick peck to the top of the small boy's head before going over to his chest of draw and sifting through the clothes, looking for the perfect outfit. Zayn soon came back with his selected items, black skinny jeans and a Vans off the wall t-shirt, to be paired with the boy's signature black vans. Zayn handed Louis the items and went to leave the room to give the boy some privacy after he received a cute little 'thank you'. He was suddenly stopped though by a small hand clasping his wrist, so tiny that the fingers couldn't actually wrap fully around it despite it actually being rather skinny. Zayn smiled down at the thought of just how tiny he is before looking Louis in the eye, one brow raised questioningly. 

"What is is babes?" He asked softly, reaching the other hand that wasn't clasped in Louis' grip and rubbing it up and down the small outstretched arm. 

Louis smiled sheepishly up at Zayn, bracing himself for what he was about to ask. Louis was just so usd to his mummy doing everything for him, including changing and dressing him most days, so now that he had been so independent these past couple days, he was really craving just being babied again. Especially after having Zayn comfort him last night while James changed his wet pull-up and he spoke to his mummy. Louis hesitated slightly before just blurting out what he wanted to say. "Erm, could you, could you change me please Zaynie?" He asked so quietly. The older man couldn't hold back his coo at the utter adorableness of the boy. He was a little shocked that Louis was wanting him to do this, figuring that surely Louis would be a little embarrassed but he supposed that he had become comfortable with him now and honestly, that couldn't have made Zayn happier. 

"Of course i can sweetie! You wanna lay down for me yeah?" He asked softly, running his fingers through the feathery hair to push it back into a little quiff style before the small boy flopped backwards on the bed. Zayn quickly left the room to fetch the packet of wet wipes he know Liam had in one of his drawers before coming back and finding Louis still laid down on Niall's bed but now had one of the blonde's hairbrushes in his hands and was fiddling with the spikes, looking much like a baby finding interest in random objects. Zayn just smiled wide at the sight and picked up a pair of the boy's black boxers to change him into. Zayn then tapped the boy's knee to gain his attention and asked a small "ready?" To which he received a nod and bright smile in return. Zayn then placed his hands at the waistband of the boy's pyjama bottoms and gently pulled them all the way off of his legs. He then set to wrk tearing the sides of the pull-up and didn't even need to ask as the boy instinctively lifted his hips up off of the bed to allow him to pull the used garment out form underneath his bum. Zayn then set to work cleaning the boy up with the wet wipes, apologising when he heard a small whine about them being too cold. He soon found himself pulling the boxers and jeans over the boy's legs and lifting him up by the armpits to set him on the floor so he could sit them on his waist properly. He then grabbed the bottom hem of the boy's pyjama shirt and lifted it over his head, again Louis needed no command in raising his arms straight above his head to make the process easier. The vans top was soon then placed on Louis along with a kiss to his forehead to signal that he was finished. 

"Thank you Zaynie, you're the best!" Louis cheered, lifting his arms up again in a plea to be held. Zayn immediately obeyed and set Louis on his hip. Louis leaned in and kissed Zayn on th cheeks in another thanks before wrapping his arms around the mans neck and pressing the sides of their faces together, Zayn's stubble tickling his cheeks. The older man noticed the giggle and continued to rub his face up and down the chubby little cheek earning a full laughter from the little one. Zayn eventually gave mercy to the little boy, not wanting his cheek to get a beard burn and placed Louis back onto his feet. Louis whined at this and made grabby hands back up at Zayn. "Sorry baby but i need to get dressed now okay?" Zayn sighed, he really didn't want to upset Louis and was honestly loving how cuddly he was being. 

"Up please Zaynie!" Louis whined. It wasn't an annoying whine like toddlers do when they don't get the toy they want, but a cute little whine that would have anyone within earshot instantly becoming slave to. Zayn picked Louis back up and walked to his room, patting his bum a couple of times on the way. 

"The things you do to me Mr!" Zayn teased, kissing his cheek once again. Louis only giggled in return and hugged Zayn a little closer, expressing his gratitude and love. Zayn thought it would have been a struggle to get his clothes ready out of his drawers while still holding Louis but surprisingly it was actually quite easy as Louis was so light so was able to balance him with just one sturdy arm. It was the actually getting changed bit that he was going to find difficult. He decided that he would go and brush their teeth first, hoping that during that time he would come up with an idea for how to distract Louis for the two minutes he desperately needed. Zayn kept Louis situated comfortably on his hips as they brushed their teeth, Louis deliberately doing an awful job which led to Zayn taking over for him. But again, Zayn couldn't bring himself to become irritated by this as Louis really was just his baby. Thankfully, during this time he was able to come up with a task to distract Louis so as he resented his bedroom he faked an animated gasp which instantly caught the little one's attention. "Lou! We left Lucy-Dog on Niall's bed! We need to put her back in your bunk with the other cuddly toys so she doesn't get lonely during the day!" Louis was instantly nodding his head vigorously and squirming to get out of his arms. As soon as his tiny little feet hit the floor, the boy was running out of the door and into his bedroom to complete his task. Zayn knew that if he was quick he would have enough time to get dressed as the boy was always quite slow using the ladder as he was a little frightened of slipping form it. Luckily, Zayn was just fitting his belt when Louis came rushing back into the room and making grabby hands once again. 

"I did it Zaynie, she's playing with froggie and Lion now!" Louis exclaimed, wide smile on his face, proud of his achievement which to him felt pretty big as he prided himself on making everyone feel happy, which obviously included his stuffed animals. 

"Well done baby!" Zayn spoke using the same excited tone as Louis'. "Now lets go get your shoes on so we can go get breakfast before everyone eats it all up!" He said, finishing with making fake biting movements with his lips against Louis' neck. The small boy burst out laughing as it tickled so much and Zayn has to pull back in fear of him having an accident. They were then trudging back into Louis' room to fetch his socks and shoes, Zayn sitting on the edge of Niall's bed with Louis on his lap so he could put them on for him with a kiss to the top of each shoe to signal that he had finished tying the laces. "Right i think were all set then cutie!" Zayn spoke, placing Louis back on his hip and walking the pair to the mess hall for breakfast.