Chapter 46

When Louis and James entered the mess hall, they instantly spotted the group, laughing loudly whilst eating their breakfast in the pretty much deserted room, everyone else having already Finnish down breakfast and just lazily hanging around the somewhere. It was the weekend and so there were no scheduled activities going on that day. Usually James likes to arrange a field trip every weekend but seeing as it's only the first Saturday and everyone is pretty knackered after the full week, he let everyone just do as they please today. Besides, they had the big fireworks display planned for tonight. 

James walked the two over to the table everyone was sat at, everyone turning their heads towards them as soon as they were spotted, bright smiles on their faces. Choruses of "morning Lou" were heard from the group, Louis smiling behind his dummy and waving at everyone. 

"Hey there sleepyhead" Liam cooed as he stood up from the table and came over to the pair "mind if I hold you for a bit baby?" He asked, large puppy eyes looking towards the little one with so much fond. Louis nodded and removed his arms from around James, stretching them out towards Liam. 

However, once attached to Liam, Louis felt a rush of stinging against his bottom where Liam was holding him up. Louis hissed as he wrapped his arms tightly around Liam's neck and used it to pull his weight out of Liam's arms, making sure the leader was no longer touching his bottom in any way. 

Liam looked alarmed at the sudden movement, his eyebrows raised in question as he looked down at Louis. It was soon all cleared up thought as james leaned in and whispered in the lad's ear that Louis had a rash. Realisation washed over Liam's face before is was quickly changed to sympathy. Liam cooed at Louis mumbling apologies of "aww baby, I'm sorry your not feeling all that great today" as he wrapped his arms around Louis' back, supporting him just how James had a minute ago and allowing Louis to finally relax again against his chest. 

Louis simply nodded pitifully with his face tucked into Liam's head, he just needed a minute to relax again and Liam was just so warm and comforting and he smelled really nice. Liam swayed every so gently side to side as he stood holding the little one for a couple minutes. Everyone could tell that Louis just needed a moment and they were happy to give him that, it was never nice to feel overwhelmed, especially when you had just woken up. 

Thankfully, it wasn't long before Louis was pulling his head back out of Liams neck, pulling back slightly to look properly at the leader's face. Liam smiled brightly at the little boy as he spoke "Good morning my love"

"'ornin' Lili" Louis mumbled through his dummy.

"Wow, you really are my little sleepy bug today aren't you?" Liam chucked. "Still in you jammies with crazy bed hair and everything huh?" He asked, bringing one of his hands up and gently wiping away at the corner of Louis' eye where there was still a bit of sleep. Louis just smiled tiredly back at the man, not having anything to reply with. 

"alright, I think we should sit down and get some breakfast into you now, what do you say Loubear?" James asked. Louis nodded, reaching out for Lucy-dog which James was still holding for him. Once the cuddly toy was safely in his arms, all cuddled up between his and Liam's chests, they all sat down around the table. Liam positioned Louis so that he was straddling him, arms now resting comfortable on his thighs that were wrapped around the man. Liam had spread his legs a bit, enough so that Louis's bum was not making any contact, just handing comfortably between his legs and the seat on the bench. 

Zayn then pushed over a bowl of coco pops towards Louis along with a plastic cup full of apple juice. Louis hummed appreciably at Zayn and looked up to Liam in a silent plea, big blue puppy dog eyes. "Alright, no need to use the puppy eyes one me mr! I'm already wrapped around your finger" Liam chucked as he reached for the bowl. He held it between the two of their chests and would feed a spoonful to Louis as they made conversation with everyone else. 

Niall, who sat next to the pair, had Lucy-dog sat in his lap, they didn't wanna spill milk anything on her, and was playing around with her floppy ears, occasionally bringing the cuddly toy up to Louis' cheek and pretending to land a big kiss there, or snuggling it into his neck and making the little one giggle from the ticklish feeling. 

Once Louis had finished eating, he indicated to Liam that he wanted to turn around so that he could se everyone and talk with them too. Liam was very gentle as he raised the little one by the armpits and expertly twisted him 180, positioning Louis exactly the same, between his legs so him bum wasnt touching anything and securing him with his arms around his little waist, fingers interlocked at the bottom of his tummy. 

When Louis looked around the table, he spotted Harry eating something he defiantly disagreed with. "It that an avocado?" He asked, nose scrunched up in disgust. 

"Yeah, why?" Harry asked in a chuckle, he found the expression on Louis' face so funny.

"You like an avocado don't you Harry?" James asked, tuning away from his conversation with Zayn and Perrie.

"I do like an avocado" Harry replied, very amused by this whole conversation as he took a sip of his tea, which, for the record, was in a very posh little tea cup with a saucer and everything. 

"What's  wrong with avocados?" Liam asked from behind Louis.

"Trendiest food of all time" Louis muttered, turning away from Harry, not wanting to see his best friend eat something so foul. 

"Well, you know I have been to LA before and I own a fedora" Harry replied, a smirk on his face as he looked at the back of Louis' head. His hair was still all over the place and it was so adorable and completely contradicted to how sassy the little one was being. 

"Lou, you do know that that's what I have most mornings?" Liam asked Louis, leaning forwards so he could see the boy's face. 

Louis did a deep, very dramatic sigh as he sloughed back against Liam's chest "ahh Payno, come on lad!" At that p, everyone stated laughing. It was always so funny when the little one would be sassy, especially when it was aimed towards Liam. 

Louis spent the rest of breakfast in conversation with Niall, he didn't want to talk to Liam and Harry until they had brushed their teeth and got rid of any traces of avocado. He told Niall about some of the adventures he had taken Lucy-dog on in the least with his mummy, Niall listening intently to the cute little boy. 

"One time, we took her to the cinema to watch secret life of pets and she almost got lost!" Louis told Niall, with full on hand gestures and raised eyebrows and a high pitched tone. 

Niall did a loud gasp in reply. "Oh no! That would have been awful! What happened next?" He asked, marching the little ones excitement.

"Well, me and mummy had to go back inside the cinema whilst the cleaner man did his cleaning from the naughty children who splilted their popcorn allllll over the floor!" Louis talked is such dramatics, with even a little eye roll as he told Niall about his people didn't clean up after themselves. His mummy had called them rude. Louis thought they deserved a time out for that. 

"We went back to our seat and there she was! She was sitting on my chair waiting to watch the film again!" Louis finished with a giggle. He always liked telling people that story of his favourite cuddly toy. 

"Oh thank goodness! What a cheeky little Lucy-dog!" Niall exclaimed, tickling the toy's tummy before leaning over and tickling Louis. The little one was in a fit of giggles, squirming everywhere on Liam's lap, his hair rubbing against the man's chest and boxing even more of a tangled mess. The morning had defiantly turned around for Louis, he could always count on one of his new friends to make him happy.