Chapter 34

As soon as Zayn took sight of Liam heading back into the room, he ushered him to grab the towels and clean clothes he had gathered while still holding Louis close, and follow him to the showers. It was still very early in the morning so thankfully they didn't see anyone on their way and the showers were empty. Zayn handed Louis' still rather limp and softly crying body over to Liam once the towels were placed down on the bench and went into one of the cubicles to wash himself down. Meanwhile, Liam placed Louis on his feet briefly, stripped down to his boxers and carried Louis into another shower cubicle. In there, Liam removed Louis' boxers before turning the shower on and adjusting it to the perfect temperature.

Liam was very gentle and considerate the entire time he washed Louis body clean . The small boy was still kind of out of it, trapped din a haze of exhaustion and upset, as he let the older man scrub his body clean. He had calmed down a lot more when Liam began to wash his hair, finding great amounts of comfort in the little head massage he was receiving when the strawberry shampoo was administered. He found himself pushing into the feeling. Liam smile down at him, moving his fingers all over his scalp for a proper head massage, glad his little sunshine wasn't feeling so down anymore.

Liam was quick to wash his own body and dry the pair of them, placing Louis in a fresh pair of boxers, basic black skinny jeans and plain white t-shirt that was nice and baggy on him, and handing him over to a now fully clean and dressed Zayn while he went back into the cubicle to dress himself. Zayn held the boy close to his chest as he sat down on the bench and waited for Liam to be finished. He stroked Louis' back softly and hummed a random lullaby into his ear. Louis' head was nestled into his neck and the strawberry smell of his hair made Zayn smile into his tune.

Although Louis was a lot calmer now, he was still very distressed over what had happened. He was constantly wiggling in Zayn's arms, trying desperately to feel that familiar warmth course through his body and comfort him. But when that didn't happen, he let out a pitiful whimper, realising that he couldn't get the love he really needed right then. "Need mummy" he mumbled to himself.

"What was that sweetheart?" Zayn asked, trying to pull away slightly so he could see the little boy's face and so his words weren't so muffled by his shoulder.

Louis took in a shaky breath before repeating louder "want mummy to cuddle me" the expression on his face was heartbreaking. Zayn didn't know what to do other than to pull Louis back into him and hug him tight.

Liam walked out of the shower then, all dressed for the day. Zayn mouthed to him that Louis had called for his mum and Liam's face instantly showed a flash of heartbreak for the little one. "Aww baby" Liam cooed as he came over to the pair and placed a kiss on the back of Louis head, which was currently stuffed back into Zayn's neck, thumb in his mouth. "Why don't we go see James, yeah love?" He asked gently. Louis' head barely moved up and down in a nod but the two took that and made their way over to James' cabin.

"Aww Lou, what happened my love?" James asked when he opened the door to see the three. Louis was curled up on Zayn's torso, still softly crying with the two leaders looking saddened at the sight. They all made their way into the cabin, Liam explaining in a brief whisper what had happened that morning, finishing with how Louis wanted his mum.

James was immediately saddened at the news and reached his arms out to hold Louis. The little one didn't notice, too busy crying into Zayn's neck. "Hey Lou, i think James might want to have a bit of a cuddle now. Is that alright sweetie?" He whispered into his ear. Louis nodded as he raised his head from his neck, twisting around so he could see James. The man was quick to take hold of him, embracing him tightly as a new round of tears fell from his baby blue eyes. Zayn looked down at his shoulder to see that Louis had covered the majority of it with his snot and tears but there wasn't a single bone in him that was annoyed at the situation, his baby was just too distressed.

James sat himself down on the sofa, cradling Louis' body close as Liam came over and sat next to the pair. He held a dummy out to James, having just sanitised it from where Louis used it the night he spent in James' bed before. James took it gratefully, shifting to lean back slightly, he pulled on Louis wrist to try and he his thumb out of his mouth. Louis whined in protest, really needed to have something in his mouth to help calm him, but took it out straight away when he took glimpse at the dummy. He opened his mouth wide, leaning his body over James' to reach for the dummy. The man caught on quick and happily slipped the rubber into his awaiting mouth. Louis' forehead visibly lost a bit of tension at the feeling of the familiar comfort item. Louis then used both his hands too fist James' t-shirt, trying to bring him even closer.

"How about we try and call mummy Lou? See if she can make you my happy sunshine again yeah?" James cooed. Louis instantly nodded, wanting nothing more in the world than to be in the comforting embrace of his mummy, her whispering reassurances to him and stroking his hair and back, as they had their special cuddles.

James motioned for Zayn, who was still standing, to go and collect his phone for him, and dialled Jay's number as soon as the device was in his grip. He held the phone up to his ear with one hand, the other cupping the back of Louis' head as he waited for her to pick up. After about the sixth ring, when James was beginning to panic a little that she wasn't going to answer, really not knowing how he would calm Louis down then, Jay's voice rang through his ear.

"Hey James! How's everything over there?" She called happily. James breathed a sigh of relief that she was able to talk to Louis now before he went of to sheepishly explain how Louis was very upset and they were really struggling to calm him down. "Oh my poor boobear. Could you put him on the phone please?" She asked to which James easily complied.

"M-mummy?" Louis whispered as James pressed the phone up to Louis ear.

"Hey there baby" jay cooed. The two of them went on to have a 10 minute conversation, talking in almost whispers but were still able to hear one another perfectly. Louis had calmed down considerably but was still clutching to James like a vice, absolutely not willing to let go of this comfort just yet. James just remained holding Louis tightly, rubbing his back and patting his bum gently. Zayn had left to change his top quickly before overseeing breakfast while Liam stayed and gave Louis little comforting touches every now and then.