Chapter 32

Adora's POV

All day at school I've been hearing mutters about Catra's dance proposal and how other girls are jealous. Heck I even saw an argument break out in the hall between a couple because the guy didn't do a good enough job. I think it's all ridiculous personally, they should just be glad that someone asked them. I mean not everyone can have a Catra. Id seriously just be happy if she had a poster or a single flower and asked.

"Hey Adora." A familiar voice whispers in my ear sending goosebumps throughout my body. I never get tired of that.

"Hey babe," I turn around and immediately press my lips against hers.

"Someone's in a good mood."

"Well yeah, I'm with you."

"Am I really that good?" She flashes her flirty smile.

I roll my eyes. "You truly are." I plant another kiss. "Plus it's kinda funny hearing some of the people talk about your Homecoming proposal and they get all jealous because it didn't happen to them."

"Yeah so I've noticed. I've been getting weird mixes of jealous glares and flirty smiles."

"Flirty smiles from who?" I spit out.

"No one in particular. Someone jealous?"

"Me no. Just might need to put some people in their places." I mutter silently. I finish putting my things in my locker when Glimmer and Mermista come up startling me.

"Oh my gosh you guys could've given me a heart attack!"

"Could've! But we didn't." Glimmer says between laughs.

"You should've seen your face babe. It was priceless." Catra says wiping a tear from her face.

"You knew and didn't warn me." I playfully punch Catra in the arm.

"Ow. Easy there. Not all of us have your strength."

"Anyways, we're going shopping and you're coming with." Mermista must've decided it was time to change the subject. "Let's go! I'm driving." She grabs us both dragging us away. I wave goodbye to Catra who is laughing.

The drive to the dress shop was quick and easy. We arrive and start browsing through all the different dresses. "Guys there so many." I say starting to feel overwhelmed.

"Isn't it great?! Ooh! Look at this one!" Glimmer says holding up a purple dress covered in glitter.

"Yeahhh. Great. If you want to be covered in glitter all night. Now this is a great dress." Mermista is holding out a blue dress that has different rhinestones and jewels embedded around the neckline.

"Those all look great for you guys." I'm still browsing through a rack.

"Here you should take this one....and this one....oh this one would look killer....and we can't forget this one." Glimmer says tossing dresses my way. Mermista also added a few choices to the pile.

"Guys...I think this is enough for now." I yell over the tower of dresses.

"You're right, let's go try them on!"

I stand where I'm at not able to see where I'm going when it gets quiet. ".....guys?" I try poking my head around the dresses to no success, still can't see over all the dresses.

"Adora come on!" Glimmer grabs my arm and leads me towards the dressing room. I put on the first dress and glance at myself in the mirror. It's a simple black dress that fits in all the right places but is too short, you can literally see up the thing. I decide to not even go out in it and change into the next dress which is green and just not my color. I go out anyways so the girls can see it.

"Ehh...not bad." Glimmer says politely.

"Nope." Mermista says pointing for me to go back into the fitting room.

I take off the green dress and put on a maroon dress with a slit that goes up the leg just high enough to leave some room to the imagination. I look back in the mirror checking myself out. Yeah, this feels right. Catra will love this. I open the door and walk out.

"Oo-la-la." Mermista does a slow clap in approval.

"Catra isn't going to know what to do when she sees you in that."

"Then it's settled. This is it." I take one last glance in the mirror and smile as the thought of Catra taking it off plays in my mind.

A/N I meant to post this sooner but ya know...got sick and slept all day for the last 5 days. Don't worry it isn't covid. Had to get tested twice. Miss you all! This chapter is short cuz the meds make my head foggy.