Chapter 6

Catra's POV

"So what are you going to get Catra?" Adora walked right up to the counter and knew what she wanted right away: black iced coffee. Yuck. 

"I really don't know. I've never really been a big coffee drinker."

"Do you trust me?" She says and I look at her in confusion. 

"Yeah, I mean I guess so. You haven't given me a reason not to trust you." Granted it has only been a few days that I have known you. 

With that she smiles and turns to the barista, "She will have the Etherian Delight please." She hands the barista her card and pays. 

"You didn't have to do that. I could've paid for myself ya know?"

"Yeah I know, but since you're not really a coffee drinker I didn't want you to pay for it and not like it. That'd be like a total waste of money for you. This way if you don't like it then I will drink it. It's like a win-win." 

We grab a table in the back corner and start getting our books and notebooks out when our order was hollered out. "I'll get them while you finish setting up." I watch as Adora walks over to the counter to grab our drinks, I can't help but get in a trance. 

"Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer." I'm knocked out of my trance and look over at a younger guy who is at the table next to us. I don't say anything back and just look away embarrassed. Fuck, I totally was checked her out. I can't help it. She's just perfect. 

Adora comes back and hands me my drink. I take it and go to take a sip while she's watching me in anticipation. "Holy crap. That's really good! What is it?" My eyes go wide in delight and I take another sip. 

"It's called the Etherian Delight. It's a mixture of vanilla and caramel. Good isn't it. I figured since you're not a coffee drinker something sugary would be good."

"This is perfect. Thank you." 

Adoras POV

I watch her as she practically inhale her drink. She is so adorable. "Okay, so for this project I figured we would just write out what we want to say and then practice saying it? It really seems straight forward."

"Yeah that sounds great. So we should start by introducing ourselves first and then maybe ask how the other one is doing?"

"Perfect!" I start writing down the questions. "After we ask each other how we are doing then maybe we could ask about the weather and then say our goodbyes?" 

"Yeah sounds good to me. That part wasn't even part of the assignment, but if you want to be an overachiever then sure." 

As I am continuing to write out the questions I drop my pen and we both go to reach for it before it falls off the table. Catra was quick to catch it, but in the midst of both of us going to reach for it I accidentally knocked my drink over and it spilled all over the table and ended up soaking Catra's shirt. "Oh no! I am so so sorry! Here let me help!" I quickly grab some napkins and start dabbing at her shirt. Why do I have to be so clumsy...and this is our first time hanging out. Way to ruin it Adora.  

"Hey it's okay. Don't worry about it. Its just a shirt."

"Let's go to the bathroom and get you cleaned up. I am so sorry, I can be such a clutz sometimes. Here I have a spare shirt with me you can change into. I always carry spare clothes when I ride my motorcycle. Sometimes on a long ride the exhaust seeps into my clothes and I cannot stand the smell of it so I always carry extra clothes." 

We go to the bathroom. Its a single bathroom. No stalls for her to change. I grab more paper towels and attempt to get more coffee out, but its too late. The stain is made. I look up at her in defeat. Our eyes lock and our faces are again only inches apart causing the butterflies to return to my stomach."Adora, its okay. I'm just going to change okay?" She takes my hands and I am instantly flooded with warmth. Our eyes are still locked. I break the gaze and look at her lips, I start to lean in when all of a sudden she pulls away. Fuck. 

I turn around in embarrassment, not wanting her to see my face after what just happened. I can't believe I just tried kissing her. We have only just met. She touches my shoulder signaling that she is done changing. "Its getting late. I should get home." She says. 

"Yeah, uh, did you want me to give you a ride home? It's going to get dark soon." My eyes can't meet hers anymore. Not after what happened. 

"Yeah, that would actually be really great." 

We pack up our stuff and head out to the bike. 

A/N I promise you a move is going to be made reaaaaallllllllll soon. I am just trying to figure out all the details in my head first. Stay safe all! If you notice any errors or if anything is confusing please leave a comment or message me and I will fix it. I want this fanfiction to be enjoyable.